Saturday, March 7, 2009

A fun trip to Reno and Colfax with my parents.

Wednesday February 25th-March 3rd:

Wednesday February 25th- I found out that my parents are going to Reno for my Dad's great Uncles 90th birthday celebration. David and I are going to be going with them. I feel like I have so much to get done before we go.

Thursday February 26th, 2009- I did not sleep well last night. I went to bed with Bryan around 10:30 but could not get to sleep. I got up around 11:15 after just laying in bed for 45min. I spent some time getting some coupon cut out and printed off. I finally got to be around 1:30am. I woke up around 4:30am and drove to Wal-Mart to pick up some boxes from there night shipment. My parents have sold there house and will be moving the middle of March. They needed boxes and this is the best way I know how to get them. Wal-Mart only get shipments at night and then crushes their boxes before 7:00am. They told me if I came in before 6:30am they would give me what boxes they could. I ended up with over 100boxes for my parents I was excited. I got home from getting he boxes around 6:00am. That is when Bryan gets up for work. I just stayed up. David and I were suppose to leave with my parents today around 3:00pm. Things did not work out with there real-estate stuff so we will be leaving tomorrow around 7:00am. Bryan and I got to bed around 10:30 but I had trouble going to sleep again. I must just be excited about the trip.
Friday Feb. 27th- David and I got to go with my parents to Nevada and California. We missed Bryan but he has been working a good 70-75 hr weeks because of tax season. It was good for David and I to get away for a few days. We were suppose to have left Thursday but because some real estate work my parents had we did not leave until Friday morning. Bryan liked having us home with him for an extra night. We sure enjoyed spending some extra time with My parents (Grandma & Grandpa Stevens). I was amazed at how well David did driving the 7 hour trip to Reno where my Grandma Forman lives. My parents were a great helps in the car. My Mom especially was good at distracting David and helping make the time go by faster. We stop 3 or 4 times on the way. I also brought plenty of snacks, treats & lunch to eat on the way. In Winnemucca we stopped at McDonald's and let David play in the indoor play area. He loved it. I only wish I would taken a few pictures. We arrived in Reno at my Grandma Formans Friday afternoon around 4:30pm our time. We got to play some games. We had a great dinner of cauliflower soup a great salad that my Aunt Karen made & a fruit salad. Grandma Forman always feeds you well when you go to visit her. After dinner I got David ready for bed and put him to bed. My Aunt Debbie, Uncle Clyde Aunt Karen, Uncle Joel and some of there children came over right after we ate and stayed until late playing games. I think my Parents, Clyde, and Grandma Forman stayed up until around 4:00am playing games. I went to bed around midnight.
Saturday February 28th, 2009- David was up bright and early so I am so glad I went to bed earlier than every one else. We were up around 5:45 Reno time. I tried to keep David as quiet as possible. We ate some cereal, chased the geese and ducks outside, colored and played some quiet games inside. My Mom and Grandma Forman got up between 8-8:30am. They said they had heard David a little but not much. Grandma Forman made a great breakfast like always. Bacon Sausage, eggs, Muffins, Hot chocolate with whipped cream and fruit. David and I enjoyed our second breakfast around 9:30am. My Grandma Forman went and got her hair done while we all got packed and ready to leave for Colfax CA. My Aunt Karen and Uncle Joel and there 3 boys showed up and spent some time with us before we left. We drove to some place right outside of Reno for my Great Uncle Tommy Tralices 90th birthday celebration. David fell asleep on the way. Luckily my Dad we were able to carry him in in his car seat and he slept for about 1 1/2 while I ate. There was some good food, music, and some dancing. Uncle Tommy places the banjo and his group played a lot of songs which was great. It was really nice to see some of my aunt and uncles, and cousins. We were there for 4 hours. David did pretty good. By the time we left I was tired of holding David and ready to go. We had a lot of fun though. We loaded back in to my Dad's truck a little after 5:00pm We drove the two hours to Colfax. We spent the night there at my Uncle Deans and Aunt Linda's house. I put David to bed around 8:00pm our time and then enjoyed the time with my extended family. We had a great scripture study. I talked to Bryan and he is doing well. he did not get home until after 9:00pm tonight.

David asleep in his car seat at the birthday celebration.

Great Uncle Tommy

Cousin Shana and Aunt Fay



Grandma Forman, Lori, and Jim (my parents.



Aunt Linda, Uncle Jeff, ?, and Aunt Jamie


Sunday March 1st, 2009- It is my nieces 9th Birthday today. Happy Birthday Danielle. We love you. David was up most of the night last night. I am running low on sleep and running low on patience. I realize today how much help my spouse is and am missing our Sunday family time together. David was up for good around 4:30 am after waking up 3-4 times in the middle of the night. We played in our room for a while, went down and got a bowl of cereal and then went and took a shower. David loved the 3 headed shower. We were ready to go to church around 8:00am. We drove to my Cousin Rachel's ward 45min away for 9:00am church. She blessed her little girl Savannah Marie. It was a great blessing. We stayed for all 3 blocks of church. David did good during sacrament meeting. My parents again were great helps during the 1st block. I took David to the nursery but he would not stay in the nursery alone. I spent the last two hours with him in the nursery. I tried to leave two or three times but he just screamed. After church we headed to Rachel's for a lunch. A lot of family was there and brought stuff to contribute to the meal. It was a great meal. BBQ chicken, home made rolls, green salad, fruit salad, funeral potatoes& home made bread. After eating we loaded back into my Dad's truck and drove back to Reno. It rained the whole day. It was also snowing when we went up and over the pass from California to Reno. All of our bags and stuff were soaked from being in the back of the truck. When we got back to my Grandma's I tried to un-pack and adjust the best I could but was feeling near my breakdown point with a few nights of low sleep, wet clothes, bedding ect. I unloaded a few things from our bags stuck them in the dryer, pulled out he pack n play and tried to blow dry it so I could put David to bed. My parents watched David for a little while so I could have a few minuets to get things set up for David to go to bed. My Grandma made a good dinner ( I can't remember right now what we had). I put David to bed around 8:00pm. We talked to Bryan on the phone for a short while. My uncle Clyde came and played games again until late. I again chose to go to bed around Midnight. My parents, Clyde, and Grandma stayed up until 3:00am playing games.

Grandma Forman and Cousin Jared

Cousin Rachel, Hope, and Aunt Linda

Lori (my mom) Uncle Dean





Baby Savannah




cousin in Law and Brice

















Cousin Rachel, Savannah, and Cousin in law Christian














Monday March 2nd 2009- We got up around 6:30am. I am so glad David slept better last night. We had cereal for breakfast, packed and headed home. We stopped a few places on the way home. We stopped at McDonald's on Winnimucca and in McDermit to feel up on gas. Grandpa even got out and took David to get his very own ice cream. He loved that. We got home around 4:00pm. My parents help me unloaded our stuff from the truck. We re-loaded the truck with all the boxes I got them and they headed home. Bryan come home a little early tonight. (6:00pm) It is so nice to be home with my spouse. David and I had a great time and enjoyed the bonding time with my parents. I have realized that it is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be to go on a trip with out my spouse. It has given me a greater appreciation for Bryan and all he does to help with David. Bryan you are a great Dad. Thanks for all you do!!!

Thanks Mom and Dad for the fun trip and for all of your help with David. We appreciate you letting us go with you.



Grandpa Stevens (my Dad) and David. David loves ice cream!!



























No comments: