Tuesday January 1st, 2008- My family (Scott & Many’s family, Tami & CJ’s family, Greg, Kimber & Mike, Dad & Mom Stevens) got together and played racquetball at the downtown YMCA in Boise and then went bowling. We had a lot of fun. I sure enjoyed having my husband as my racquetball partner.
Bryan giving Cole(3) five after helping him bowl.
January 2nd- Daddy and David hanging out together.
David (5 months)
Friday January 4th, 2008- Dad& Mom Stevens, Scott, Mandy& Gideon, CJ & Tami, Mark,
David (5months) Gideon (2month)
Aren't they cute boys.
Saturday January 5th, 2008- David and I went and watched Bryan play church basketball. Our wards team did pretty well.
They had a lot of men show up to play. David and I went to my high school friends Elizabeth’s bridal shower in Meridian. It was great to see her. This evening Bryan, David and I went to Liz’s wedding receptions. She looks so happy. I am glad she found such a great guy.
Liz & David at Liz's bridal shower
Sunday January 6th, 2008- We went into Eagle for church today. Scott and Mandy blessed Gideon.
It was a very nice blessing. After words we went to Scott and Mandy’s house for dinner. Our family and a few friends started this fitness challenge called Fit and Fab. It is a 12 week challenge. It goes from today until March 30th.
Every one who is participating pays $25. At the end of the Challenge three people split the cash. There are three ways you can win. 1- Loose the most weight. 2- loose the most inches. 3- earn the most points by being the most constant: Sticking to your eating plan, exercising 6 days a week, completing weekly fitness challenges, e-mailing the group once a week on a fitness article that you read during the week,
talking to y
our support person weekly, eating 5 fruits or veggies each day, drinking 42 oz of water each day and charting on a daily basic. Every one participating took their measurements, weighted them selves, and created their own eating plan. They turned then in to Tami and at the end of the 12 weeks we will see who will win. Bryan and I are both participating. I am excited for the challenge.

Bryan and David all spralled out after a great Sunday meal at Scott and Amanda's
Bryan and David all spralled out after a great Sunday meal at Scott and Amanda's
Friday January 11, 2008- We had our friends; Angie & Jared Hobson come out to our house from Boise. We had fun feeding them dinner (shrimp pasta alfredo) and then playing games. It was great to have them visit.
Saturday January 12th, 2008- Bryan went into work at Ripley Doorn for a few hours. It is the start of tax season so we do not expect to see much of Bryan on Saturdays until Tax season is over on April 15th. Bryan did go and play church basketball for an hour. David and I went and cheered him on. After the game Bryan went back to work for a few more hours and then met us at the YMCA and swam with David and I. David loves the water. It was a great activity to do as a family.
He has experienced wheat cereal and rice cereal. He is not sure that he likes them much yet, but we will keep trying.
Tuesday January 22nd, 2008- Bryan took the last section of the CPA exam. He successfully completed the other 3 sections of the test and we hope he passed this section also. We do not expect to here if he passed it until mid March.
Wednesday January 23rd, 2008- David rolled from his back to his tummy for the second time. The 1st time he did that was last month. I also got a cute video of Bryan making David Laugh. I love hearing babies laugh. It is a delightful sound and is contagious.
Yummy Daddies finger tastes great!!
I tried to catch David rolling over, but he would not perform
Saturday January 26th, 2007- The Joys of Motherhood!!!
This week has been a little rougher than usual. Saturday January 26th-Bryan and I decided David needed to get back on a schedule. He has been working us over and been a little needy. We decided we would let him cry him self to sleep. He cried about an hour before he fell asleep for the night. It was all I could do to let him cry. He woke up once during the night I fed him and put him back to bed. When I went to get David Sunday morning to dress him for church, he was laying in a pile of throw up. He had throw up caked in his hair and all over him. I felt like a terrible mother. How could I have just let him cry when he was not feeling well. (I guess that is what happens when you do not realize they are fussy because they are sick.) I fed David and then I took a shower with him and got him all cleaned up. We were all ready to leave for church and David threw up all over himself and me. We changed both of our outfits and headed for church. During sacrament meeting David was fussy so I took him to the mothers lounge to feed him since he had thrown up most of what I fed him before church. After feeding him in the mothers lounge I changed his diaper and tried to rock or feed him to sleep to no avail. I picked him up to try to comfort him and calm him down but instead I got a large amount of throw up all over and down my shirt. I cleaned us up the best I could at the church and them went to tell Bryan I was taking David home. He fell asleep while I was walking to tell Bryan. Instead of waking him up by putting him in the car seat I decided to head back to the mothers lounge and just rock him while he slept. Bryan took David during YW so I could get some things distributed for my calling as YW secretary and then we went home. When we got home I fed David again and low and behold I bet you can guess what happened. David launched Throw up all over my face down my shirt and on to the floor. I did not know Throw up could be launched so far. He continued to Throw up as I made my way to the bath tub where he continued to release his food for a few more minuets. Sunday night I slept most of the night in our lazy boy rocker holding David and rocking him. Even though he was sick it was nice to rock and snuggle with him.
Monday January 27th- David is still not feeling well. We spent most of the day feeding David very little portions, holding him rocking him and trying to take it easy. Bryan has been working long hours with tax season in full swing so It has mainly been just David and I chilling. David and I did venture out to Michele Davis's house to help make some hand outs for New beginnings. David slept most of the time we were there. I also did two different work out videos while he slept this morning.
Tuesday January 28th- Today David seams to be feeling quiet a bit better. Thank goodness. I spent a little over an hour shoveling our driveways and side walk. It snowed a good 4-6 inches today. About the time I thought I was done shoveling the driveway and sidewalk it was ready to be shoveled again. I did not realize how good of a work out shoveling snow could be. While I shoveled the snow in two 1/2hr intervals David was content staying inside and either sleeping in his swing or trying to fall asleep in his swing. When Bryan came home for lunch he was appreciative that I had help and shoveled the snow. When he got home from work around 6:30- 7:00 he ended up having to re-shovel the driveway and side walk because it needed it again. I made dinner and some Banana Bread to take with me to YW for New Beginnings on Wednesday.Wednesday
January 29th- David and Bryan both had a rough night last night. David was up 3 or 4 times which also made it a rough night for me. I was not able to get to him quick enough and he woke Bryan up. I felt bad. David and Bryan are not feeling well today. They both have the runs. Not that you really wanted to know that but oh well I am telling you any way. Bryan got up at 6: 00am and went into work. David has been pretty needy again today. Bryan came home for lunch but fell asleep on the couch after only eating 1 or 2 bites of Cream of Wheat. He slept for 30-45 minutes while I rocked David and tried to keep him content. I woke Bryan up around 1:00 to go back to work. He said the little bit of sleep made him feel a little better, but his face was still pail so I knew he was still not feeling real well. Around 4:00 I took a movie back to the video store and dropped some banana bread and some crackers off at Bryan’s office. The banana bread was a hit at the office and Bryan was able to eat a few crackers that he later told me ran right through him. I took David to New Beginnings with me so Bryan could get some extra sleep. I spent most of the time out in the hall trying to put David to sleep or at least keep him quiet. He fell asleep for about 15 minuets. It was kind of rough. I hope I did not distract from the spirit of the program to much. Hopefully Bryan and David will be feeling better and I can leave David with Bryan next Wednesday night.
Thursday January 31, 2008- The Night time Diaper change: David slept pretty well last night he slept from 9:30 to 4:00am. I fed him and changed his diaper not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 times with in a 5 minuet period. The first time was a simple diaper change. It was quite routine. Right after I changed him I noticed he was stinky again. I went to change him and right before I got the new diaper under him he went #2 a second time. Because he had the runs it went all over. I was lucky and had a wipe really accessible, I was able to keep his jimmies from getting dirty. I put a diaper under him after cleaning him up and low and behold he was going a third time. The third time is a charm or not!!!! it ran right out of the back of the diaper on to his clothes this time. Not only did he need a new diaper but he got an outfit change also. I thought I was free and clean after that but not yet. As I was finishing closing the diaper David had one more finishing touch. I changed him for the 4th time, finished feeding him, and put him back down to bed. Oh the joys of Mother hood!!

No comments:
Post a Comment