Saturday August 16th, 2008- Bryan got up early and went to the gym. I cleaned the inside of the house, while Bryan and David mowed the lawn. It is so nice to be home and get Saturday chores done. Grandma Olsen is in town for Maren (Bryan's 2nd cousins) wedding reception. Bryan, David and I got to eat dinner with Von, Sheri, and Grandma Olsen. Sheri fixed hamburgers. We then all went to Maren's wedding together. We were a little squished in our car but fit for the short drive to Meridian for the reception. It was a very pretty reception held outside in Maren's husbands parent back yard. It was great seeing extended family we have not seen in a while. David loved running around on the grass. He kept wanting to play in the water fountain that was their. We had a great evening.
Friday August 15th, 2008- I went into Boise today and met Amanda and her 7 children at the YMCA. We had fun swimming and playing in the pool. David loves the water and thinks he is so cool letting go of Mom and walking all over in the swimming pool. I have to be on top of it cause he still falls straight forward into the water when he looses his balance. We had a lot of fun. David and I left Boise and headed home around 2:45pm. We went home showered and put David down for a nap. I also set up golfing tonight with Scott and Amanda at Eagle Hills golf course. My Mom was super sweet and watched David for 2 1/2 hours while we golfed. Bryan nor I golfed very well and desided we need some time on the driving range to practise.
Kyle did a back flip off the diving board for the 1st time. I tried to get a picture but it did not turn out real well as you can see.
Wednesday August 13th, 2008- During the day today I made ravioli Lasagna for my freezer meal group exchange that will happen tomorrow. I made 5 pans and we had some for dinner tonight. David and Bryan really like the lasagna as you can see in this picture. I also went to the YW/YM combined water activity at the church. When I got home Bryan and David were having fun playing on the floor. I love seeing then laughing together. Bryan is such a good Dad.
Tuesday August 12th, 2008- Bryan has joined the Kiwanis's club here in Caldwell. Each year the club puts on a chuck wagon dinner and serves lots and lots of people before the Caldwell night rodeo starts each day for 1 week. It is done on the Alberson's Collage campus. They serve BBQ pull pork sandwiches, salad, a potato of some kind and all you can eat corn, a piece of cake for dessert and a drink of your choice. It is $8 to eat and the money is worth it. The corn is the best part of the meal. It is freshly picked locally each morning. It is shucked, buttered and wrapped in tin foil and then delivered to the Kiwanis's club. It is also all donated. Bryan signed up to help serve today. David and I met him at the dinner and spent from 5:30- 8:00 helping serve. It was a great experience. David was a great little boy in the backpack. After serving we got to eat also. The food was great. I told Bryan that we will have to help again next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment