Bryan and David on the walk
David and Daddy pushing the stroller before we left on our walk.
Saturday September 13th, 2008- Today was a very busy day. David was up and ready to play around 6:15am. We let him play in his bed until around 6:30 and then I got up and nursed him. I have been in the process of weening him this week and we are down to one nursing time a day. That is when he first wakes up in the morning. He has done great with it. Any way we got up, got dressed, ate breakfast. Bryan slimmed and filled up the tiers to my jogging stroller and headed to down town Caldwell for the Indian Creak Festival. The Kawaian''s club puts on a 5 K and 10k during the festival and Bryan volunteered to help at the finish line with it. David and I decided to sign up and run the 5k. I have not been running so I was a little nervous doing it. Especially cause I know I would have to push David. It turned out being easier than I had anticipated and I am so glad we ran it. David fell asleep in the jogging stroller about half way through the race. I finished the 3.2 miles in 31mins and 7 seconds. (I wanted to run each mile under 10min.) I was happy when I got home and figured out that I had done each mile under 10min miles. I did it in 9min and 40 seconds. Yippie. I can run 3 miles pushing the stroller. I am hoping to continue running now that I know I can do it. I am hoping to run on the treadmill at the gym 3 days a week. After the race, we walked around the exhibits down town. We lost my sweater and spent about 45min looking for the information desk to find it. We found it and got to see all the neat things down town while we looked for my sweater. After finding my sweater we headed home and ate lunch. After lunch we headed over to get the Ripley Doorn cardboard canoe. We headed down to down town Caldwell unloaded the cardboard canoe and then waited 1/2hr to race the canoe. I was the one that Bryan's office volunteered to take the canoe down Indian creak. It was a lot of fun and the canoe even stayed a float. Their were 7 other cardboard canoes and I ended up taking first in my heat but 2nd all around. If they asked me next year to do it again, I would happy do it. It was great. After the race we got home around 2:30. We put David down for a nap and took a nap our self's. We order Apple bee's for dinner and did the car side pick up. We enjoyed watching the BSU game and eating our take out dinner.
Friday September 12th 2008- Janette is in town. In the morning I spent some time canning the few pears I have at my house. It took me about two hours to get 5 quarts of pears done. I for got that canning pear take some much longer to do than peaches. David was napping most of that time I canned. I also let him color a picture so I could complete the canning. After Bryan had come and gone for lunch, David and I headed into Eagle. We met Janette and her two girls at Amanda's. We helped make dinner. Bryan met us at Scott and Amanda's after he got off work. We had dinner at Scott and Amanda's with the sister Missionaries. Amanda make home made pizza. It was great. We also had home made peach cobbler. Janette and I helped with that. After Dinner Bryan and I headed over to his parents. They watched David from 7:15 until around 10:00pm. Bryan and I met My Mom, Janette & Amanda at the YMCA racquetball courts. Scott was sweet and watched Janette's children and his own and let Amanda come play. We had a lot of fun playing and were sore by the end of the night. When we went to pick up David, Von and Sheri said he had fallen asleep while snuggling and watching tv around 8:30pm. They said they had fun throwing the ball back and forth with him and following him around. We sure appreciate Von & Sheri watching him. I would say I had the most fun on our date night tonight than I have had in a long time. We had to wake David up to put him in his car seat. He fell right back to sleep. It was a quiet ride home. Bryan & I had separate cars so I followed him home.
Bryan cleaning up David after a great pizza dinner.
Micah, Kyle, sister missionary, Bryan ,David, other sister missionary. The Sister Missionaries left us with a great message on missionary work.
David coloring his first official picture. I gave him some color pencils, taped the paper to his tray and let him go to it. It kept him entertained for a little while. He also liked to bite on the color pencils. 

Thursday September 11th, 2008- Amanda met me at my house right before 9:30am. We drove together to the church fruit farm that my ward helps maintain. We got to pick the last of the peaches off the treas. The cannery was done canning peaches so the wards the church orchard lets those wards that help maintain it glean the trees. It was great. There were some trees that had tons of peaches on them. We ended up bringing home 9 boxes and 3 huge totes of peaches. If we would have had more time we could have picked a ton more. I am sure these will keep us busy canning for quite a while. The only bummer about the picking was the scratches and dents that were put in Amanda's van. A person had told us to drive though the row of trees to get to the other side where the peaches had not been picked as well. They did not realize that Amanda's van was so much bigger than there car. We did not realize it was a bad idea until we were already started and could not back up safely. We spent about two hours picking. Eliza, Thomas, Gideon and David had a blast picking up and eating the peaches that had fallen to the ground. David had eaten 5- 6 different peaches by the time we left. The front of him was covered in peach juice and dirt. I also realized when we loaded him up to leave that he had a load. On our way out of the orchard we almost got stuck and barely made it through a narrow area between two trees. I had to get out and pull back the branches of some trees. I felt really bad about the scratches and dents in Amanda's van. It was offal. Next year we will know not to drive to the other side of the orchard in the van. We will just walk. I was glad to be able to get so many peaches. We will plan on canning some time next week. Thursday afternoon Bryan came home around 4:15pm so I could go to the temple with the YW presidency members in my ward (Brenda, Ashley, Michele and Me). We made the 5:30 session and then went to the Cheese cake factory in Boise. The other ladies wanted to go to the down east shop in the mall before eating so we did. Not my favorite thing to do but I did end up buying a long brown undershirt for $10. The temple session was great and dinner at 8:30 was even better. I was so hungry by the time we at that I could have eaten any thing. Brenda was nice and drove and it was a good bonding experience for our presidency. I ended up getting home around 10:30 and Bryan was asleep. Bryan got to put David to sleep with out me nursing him for the first time. He said David was great. Bryan gave him some milk, brushed his teeth, had scriptures and prayer and then laid David down. He went straight to sleep with out crying. I guess my baby does not need me anymore. I will have to leave David with Bryan more often. He did a great job.
Out side of the temple. (YW presidency) (back row)Michele Davis, Ashley Hilton, (front row) Me, and Brenda Shuey. I was taking the picture while trying to be in it. That is why people’s heads are half cut off. Sorry.
Wednesday September 10th, 2008- David and I had a morning YW presidency meeting at Michele Davis's house. David played pretty well during the meeting. We got home from the meeting right in time to eat lunch with Bryan.
This evening while I was making dinner David was right at my feed begging for food. I decided I would give him a slice of watermelon and put him in the back yard to wonder around for a minuet. He loved it. As you can tell he was having fun and made a nice mess on our screen. He thought he was so cool to be outside all a lone. I was right there but I was not actually outside. I was on the other side of the screen. The last 1-2 weeks David (13m) has been able to go down the stairs by himself. He has gotten quiet efficient at it. It makes it a lot easier for me now that he knows how. I do not have to worry about him falling down the stairs and hey I can put him in the back yard and he can go up and down the 1 stair by himself. Wednesday evening I went to the combined YW/ YM activity. We played capture the flag. We played 3 games of it and my team won 2 out of the 3 times. It was a lot of fun to play. I forget how fun it is to participate. Not many of the YW leaders played but almost all of the YM leaders did. Jacobi Conley and I were the only YW leaders that played and we were both glad we did. The other leaders missed out! When I got home around 8:30pm I came into my bedroom and David and Bryan were snuggled on the bed watching TV. It was so cute. We had scriptures and prayer and I nursed David for the last time before I put him to bed.
Wednesday September 10th, 2008- David and I had a morning YW presidency meeting at Michele Davis's house. David played pretty well during the meeting. We got home from the meeting right in time to eat lunch with Bryan.
This evening while I was making dinner David was right at my feed begging for food. I decided I would give him a slice of watermelon and put him in the back yard to wonder around for a minuet. He loved it. As you can tell he was having fun and made a nice mess on our screen. He thought he was so cool to be outside all a lone. I was right there but I was not actually outside. I was on the other side of the screen. The last 1-2 weeks David (13m) has been able to go down the stairs by himself. He has gotten quiet efficient at it. It makes it a lot easier for me now that he knows how. I do not have to worry about him falling down the stairs and hey I can put him in the back yard and he can go up and down the 1 stair by himself. Wednesday evening I went to the combined YW/ YM activity. We played capture the flag. We played 3 games of it and my team won 2 out of the 3 times. It was a lot of fun to play. I forget how fun it is to participate. Not many of the YW leaders played but almost all of the YM leaders did. Jacobi Conley and I were the only YW leaders that played and we were both glad we did. The other leaders missed out! When I got home around 8:30pm I came into my bedroom and David and Bryan were snuggled on the bed watching TV. It was so cute. We had scriptures and prayer and I nursed David for the last time before I put him to bed.
David, watermellon and the backyard.
Tuesday September 9th, 2008- I had Enrichment night tonight. Bryan & David stayed home and enjoyed some time together. For Enrichment we had a speaker give a presentation on coupon savings. I also started a snowman handbag. I did get very far on it. I am just not a natural at crafts but at least I try. I will probably end up with lots of half made crafts. Oh well.

No comments:
Post a Comment