Monday, September 8, 2008

Teaching in YW/ September 2-7th, 2008

Sunday September 7th, 2008- I always get nervous the morning before I have to teach in YW. I decided to redirect some of the nervousness and get looking cute. I got up got David fed and showered. Bryan dressed David. I spent about an hour-1 1/2 hrs getting ready( which is about 45-1 hr longer than I normally take to get ready). I straightened my hair, put make-up on, put on the new long silver dangle earrings (I had bought at a garage sale on Friday) and the arrowhead necklace (my grandma Forman gave me), and then put on the cute garage sale shirt I got a few weeks ago, and the cute long black skirt my sister Janette had given me. I felt good, had passed some time a litter quicker, and I felt like I looked good to. (I took a self photo to remember) . Bryan had to go early to church today to meet with our new bishop rick member( Troy Jensen). Bryan got a new calling. He will be teaching the 9 year olds in primary. His 12-13 year old Sunday school class will miss him. Bryan and I both taught lessons today. I felt really good with how my turned out. The YW were good about participating and I know the spirit was strong testifying to the YW that what I was teaching was true. I love feeling the spirit. It is the best feeling ever. I am grateful to our Savior for his atonement and for the love and guidance I feel from him and God on a regular basic. I am grateful for my loving parents who taught me about the savior and about what is right & wrong. I appreciate my sweet husband and the continually love he gives me even when I take to long getting ready and do stupid things (like run my head into a post at the park) . I am also grateful for the positive influences I have had in my life and hope that I will be able to share those things that are so important with my children. I am grateful to be a mother and to teach my son David about the gospel. I love the gospel. I love the Lord, and I love the Savior. I want to serve and hope that Lord knows that. ( I am trying to have the change of hart that I taught in my lesson. I know that in most people it is a gradual thing and I am working to practise what I preach.















Saturday September 6th, 2008- Bryan, David, and I spent the morning out in the yard. We cleaned out some flower beds, trimmed some bushes, and mowed and weed eated the lawn. After Davids nap we ate lunch, and headed to the grocery store (Winco). It was so nice to have Bryan with me grocery shopping. It always go so much quicker when he is there to help. When we got home we unloaded the groceries and put David down for his afternoon nap. We then worked together to clean the house. Bryan picked up and vacuumed the house. I was in charge of cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen. I did not get the kitchen floor moped but if felt nice to get the chores done. I love when my spouse is so helpful. After David woke up from his afternoon nap around 4:30pm we fed him a snack and headed to the park across from the YMCA. We had a lot of fun watching David climb up the slide the wrong way, eat bark, swing, slide down the slide and climb all over the equipment. I ended up cutting our park trip short. I was hanging upside down on this spinning thing ( Bryan had dared me to do it) and spinning around and around when I all of a sunddend decided to sit up. Well I hit my head on the pull you can see to the right of me in the picture below. I ended up with a nice size goose egg and we headed home. the picture below does not do the goose egg justice. I did go home and ice it. It was quiet comical and I felt like a dork. Oh well. I guess I was entertaining for all the families in the park. I also finished all the last details of getting my lesson ready for tomorrow.


















David climbing up the equipment by himself.















David and Daddy swinging.

















David climbing up the slide the wrong way.














He made it all the way to the top.




















David and Mommy swinging.












David and I climbing up the equipment together and went down the slide.




















Friday September 5th, 2008- David and I spent the morning hitting local garage sales. David took his first nap of the day in the car. It was a short 1/2 -45 min nap. While David took his after noon napped I spent some time preparing the YW lesson. I will be teaching on Sunday. It is on a change of heart. I also spent some time re-organizing the family dinner group schedule for our ward & got some YW calls and planning done. When Bryan got home he asked me to find a babysitter so we could go golf the Fairview golf course here in Caldwell. We had a fast oven baked pizza for dinner. Sophie Jensen watched David while Bryan and I golfed 9 holes. Bryan golfed a 52 and I golfed a 56. We had fun and appreciated Sophie babysitting on such short notice. I also rented a red box movie that we watched together once David was asleep for the night.

Thursday September 4th, 2008- Most of the morning I spent snuggling and playing with David. We enjoyed Bryan coming home for lunch. In the afternoon David and I went and watched Mandy Hennis's (one of the ladies I visit and teach) children. She has 3 special needs children. I watched them from 2:00 - 4:30pm. Her children were very good and helpful with David. Mandy Hennis went to a military recruiter presentation with her husband. I was glad I was able to help her out. When Bryan got home, he , David and I went for a 45 min walk. It felt great to be outside and the weather was beautiful.


Wednesday September 3th, 2008- I got up got every thing set out and ready to can. I got David fed and dressed for the day. Then I make some phone call to Kings who did not have any of the water bath rack left. I also called Fred Myers who did not have any left either. They did refer me to True Value who had the water bath canning racks but you also had to buy the large canning pots with it. I was so excited to finally find what I needed. $27 later I have the water bath rack with two canning pots. I guess I can always use an extra canning pot. David took a long two hour nap. I spent the morning canning 18 quarts of peaches. I was doing my last batch of peaches when David woke up from his nap. Bryan arrived home from work for lunch about the same time. He went and got David and helped me finish the last batch of peaches. Later on in the after noon when I put David down for his second nap I spent that hour and 20min making 12 pints of plum jam. I was excited with how productive I had been with the canning. I was really nervous to can on my own. I always have canned with my sister Tami or sister in law Amanda. It ended up being easier than I had anticipated by my self. I was able to get a lot done. I still have pears that need canned but it will be a few days before they are ripe. When Bryan got home for the day I had the canning messed cleaned up and we headed to the YMCA to work out. We worked out pretty hard. Bryan burned over 800 calories during a 45min work out. I only burned about have as many calories. Oh yea I also got a call from one of the YW presidency members asking if I would teach the Sunday lesson for then. They just found out that their brother is blessing their baby. I gladly accepted. I printed off the lesson and read it while I worked out at the gym.

Most of the results of my canning.

















David enjoying one of the pears that were ripe.












Tuesday September 2nd, 2008- Today is my brother Jonny's and my nephew Caleb's birthday. Happy birthday boys. We love you and hope you had a great day. The Thompson family (A family in our ward) had a peach tree they let us pick. Bryan, David and I went and picked it. While we were their the Thompson family also let us pick some of their pears. It was great. On our way home from picking fruit at the Thompson's we stopped at the Tuckers (another family in our ward) house they had too many plums and sent us home with over 30lbs of plums. It is great being part of a ward that shares. Once David was in bed I headed out to get some canning lids, pectin, rings, and sugar. I also was looking for a new canning water bath rack. My rack has disappeared. I stopped at Walmart, Albertson's, Paul's Market, and Walgreen's and still was not able to pick up all the supplies I needed for tomorrows canning. I could not find a water bath rack any where. I came home around 10:00pm frustrated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, I thought you looked hot on Sunday - so worth the effort. I was also sorry to hear you hit your head and got a lovely goose egg!! I love reading your blog.

Emily

Anonymous said...

Gina, I am so proud of your canning adventure. Canning is hard but once you get in the groove of it you can really do alot. Keep on canning!!

Emily