Tuesday October 7th 2008- Today I was able to watch Adalee Sherman while Emily went and helped in her son Jaden's class room. David and Adalee had a blast playing. Emily was sweet and brought me some more green beans from her garden I was able to blanch them and freeze them. I now have 9 bags of frozen green beans. All the beans came from the Shermans. Thanks for sharing. We also found out some time last week that my sister Kimberly and her husband are going to be having a little boy this nest March. We are so excited for them. David and I are going to try to make it to the grocery store today and then we will go to the gym once Bryan gets home.
Monday October 6th, 2008- Today I spent some time re-organizing my food storage. I needed to create some extra room on my inside shelves to store my newly canned apple sauce and juice. I move all my canned items to a shelf out side and filled my inside shelves with the new bottles of freshly canned items. David and I went to pick up a spear car seat from Nampa. I found a good deal on a use car seat from Craig's list. When we got their to pick up the car seat they had forgotten to leave it at their house. The wife had taken the car with the car seat in to work with her. I obviously did not come home with an extra car seat like I intended. Oh well. I guess that was not the one I was suppose to get. I will have to keep looking. We are hoping to get a spare one so we do not have to move the one we have from car to car. When Bryan got home from work we went for a walk. I made dinner(taco's), then we had family home evening. We sang popcorn popping on the apricot tree and helped David do the actions. Then we listen to the first talk from the 1st session of conference were President Thomas S. Monson speak and announced the building of 5 new Temple's. One of which is being built in Philadelphia were my brother Jeff and his wife Angela and there three boys live. It was a great talk and we are excited for those areas that will be getting the new temples and be able to go to the temple more often.
Sunday October 5th, 2008- David was up like normal around 7:00am. We got up changed his diaper (poor little boy still has the runs). I gave him his once a day nursing and then went down and made french toast for breakfast with blueberry muffins. Bryan, David and I enjoyed breakfast together. Bryan got David dressed for the day and then we went back up to our room and watched the morning session of conference in our pajama's. Partly through the morning session I put David down for a nap. Sadly to say Bryan and and also fell asleep partly through the session. In the afternoon we truly enjoyed the last session of conference. David was a happy boy and even spent some time coloring with my help. I do have to say conference is a little harder to write and take notes on when you have a child running around making noise and needing help. We had decided that family home evening the next few months will be listening to conference talks so we can review the council and here the inspired messages that our Lord wants us to hear. After the afternoon session we went and visited the Sherman family and dropped off some deer meat we told the Shermans they could have. After that we came home made Mandarin chicken over rice with a vegetable. Bryan cooked the chicken. I always love when my husband cooks or at least helps with the meal. After dinner we both cleaned up. Two of our ward missionaries came and visited us. Sister and bother Lloyd. We talked quite a bit about dental work. Both Lloyd is a dentist and sister Lloyd is he office manager. It was fun to be able to talk some dental lingo with then. They also had a few accounting questions for Bryan so he did not feel to left our. After that we discussed missionary work and our family missionary plan. I really enjoyed there visit. We got David to be late again tonight. It was after 8:45pm when we finally put him down for bed. (While the ward missionaries were here David figured out a new trick. He climbed on a little shelf under our end table and got stuck. I was to slow getting the camera out but it was pretty funny when it happened. Now he is pretty efficient at climbing on the under shelf and getting out by himself most of the time. David is so entertaining. He is such a joy to have around. I can not believe how quickly he is learning new things.
Saturday October 4th, 2008- This week end is General Conference week end. We got to listen to our prophet Thomas S. Monson and the other general authority's speak and give us great council. Bryan and I had planned on going golfing this morning. I had gotten a baby sitter for David and everything. The weather ended up being pretty rainy so we ended up staying home instead. Bryan, David & I went to Franklin Building Supply and got some material to build some custom shelves in our garage. Bryan had spent some time drawing up and planning a design for the shelves. He finally decided today was the day he was going to make them. I put David down for a nap around 10:30 and Bryan & I begun making the shelves. It took a while to get things set up in the garage to start making the shelves but once we were able to get started they went pretty easily. Around 12:00pm the Sherman's came over. Emily had called me yesterday evening and said that the Jonathan apples we had picked a few weeks ago were going bad and that she was willing to help me can them today if I wanted. (Here husband David helped her can her two boxes of Jonathan apples into apple sauce yesterday. It took then about 6 hours.) I was delighted to take her up on her offer. I made macaroni and cheese and hot dogs for lunch. Bryan and David Sherman worked in the garage to finish making the shelves and hanging them from the celling, and then organized the garage, while Emily and I canned the 3 boxes of Jonathan apples into apple sauce and apple juice. We listened to the afternoon session of conference while we worked.The three Sherman children and David had so much fun playing and interacting while we worked. David and Adalee took good after noon naps. Emily was such a trooper. She stayed until 6:00pm helping me cute the apples and make the apple sauce. Bryan and David (Sherman) headed to priesthood session together around 5:45pm. Linda Sue Jensen had invited some ladies and there children over for a movie and treats while the guys were at the priesthood session. Emily ended up making it to the Jensen's around 7:00pm and I did not make it until a little after 8:00pm. I felt bad that I was so late but I had to finish water bathing the apple sauce and getting a few things cleaned up. David also had to be bathed and clothes changed because he had a blow out. The men met us at the Jensen's after the priesthood session. Actually the men beat me to the Jensen's. Linda Sue also let me use her other juicer so that I would have two juicers to do the apple sauce with. It made it go a little faster with the two juicers. Emily showed me a different way of canning apple sauce that makes it thicker and also gives me apple sauce and apple juice. I ended up with 39 quarts of apple sauce 9 quarts of apple juice and 2 pints of apple juice. I felt like we got a ton done. Emily & David Thank you so much for all of your help. I do not know what I would have done with out you both. Not only are 3 boxes of my apples done but I also have Awesome shelves built and put up in my garage. Also the garage is all organized. It is great. You both are Awesome!!
Bryan, thanks for doing such a good job on the shelves and getting the garage organized. The garage looks GREAT.
Friday October 3rd, 2008- We got together with Emily and her three children (Jaden, Rylund, and Adalee) today. There is no school today so Emily had all three of her children. We met up around 10:30pm at the church orchard and picked Red Delicious apples until 12:00. We filled a bin and a half for the church and then were able to glean 8 boxes of apples. Emily only took two of the boxes. I took the other 6. I had David on my back most of the time while picking. He is not feeling so hot. I was up at least 3 or 4 times last night changing dirty diapers. David has the runs. Poor little boy. I am excited about all the apple we were able to pick. I sure enjoy Emily and appreciate her friendship. I also have enjoyed getting to know her a little better. I like to talk while picking which makes picking apples seem easier and time go by a lot faster. Our kids did enjoy eating a few apples while we worked.
The 9 boxes of apples I have in my garage. 3 boxes are full of the Jonathan apples we picked two weeks ago and the other 6 boxes are full of the Red Delicious apples we picked today.
Thursday October 2nd, 2008-I am not sure what David and I did all day but I do know I got a baby sitter for the evening. The Kawania's club put on a dinner for its members and their wifes. We had fish and Prime Rib, potatoes, a brocholie, carrot, coloflower blend, green salad, and cheese cake for dessert. The people who were katering the dinner had a hard job. The kitchen where we were at lost electricity so the katers had to be resorceful and cook our dinner on George Forman's infront of us. It was a nice evening. The Kawania's club sware in their new officers for the 2009 year. Travis and Rachel Boyer ( a couple in our ward and who live in our neighborhood) also were there. We sat at the same table with them. Rachel and I ended up leaveing a little bit before it was over because we needed to put our little ones to bed. Because of the difficuties with the power dinner was finsihed later and the meeting went later than expected. Bryan ended taking Travis home once the meeting was over and I went with Rachel. Hailey Hilton baby sat David and she did a great job. I got home around 8:45pm. David and I took Hailey home and then got David in his jammies brushed his teeth and then read scriptures. Bryan got home right as we were finishing scriptures. We had family pray together and put David to bed for the night. Two night in a row of putting David to bed after 9:00pm I hope he does not get to use to that.
Wednesday October 1st, 2008- Happy Birthday Bryan. David and I love you and think you are a wonderful husband and Daddy! Today we celebrated Bryan's 31st Birthday. He worked 8-5 like normal. I had a YW presidency meeting at my house from 9:15 and it went until around 11:00pm. I was able to share some onions I got some laundry washed and a few chores done, but we mostly relaxed. When Bryan got home from work we headed into Boise to Bryan's parents house to the watch the BSU game. Sheri order pizza for dinner and got a cheese cake for Bryan's birthday. She also gave Bryan a birthday card. My Mom also stoped by Von and Sheri's to drop of a birthday present for Bryan. She gave hime a Lemon Morang pie and a Cabela's gift certificate. Bryan says he thinks he is going to go get a cot for camping with the gift certificate. BSU won their game by quite a bit. During half time Bryan, David and I went for a walk around Von and Sheri's neighborhood. It felt good to get a little exercise. I also spent some time getting some quart jars and pint jars for the storage room as Sheri's she said I could have some of her canning jars since she is not canning much any more. She also let me use her apple sauce maker. I sure appreciate that she is so generaous great to have as a mother in law. I ended up taking 48 quart jars and 36 pint jars. I might need some more latter but for now this many jars should be fine. We got home after 9:00pm and David went straight to bed. Poor boy was tierd and cranky.
Tuesday September 30th, 2008- So today was a very busy day. I got together with Emily and her two yonger kids( Rylund & Adalee). We went and picked up and dug up potatoes from a near by feild for free. It was great. I gathered 2 boxes of patatoes and Emily ended up with a few boxes also. Then David and I followed Emily to her house were she fed us a great lunch of sandwiches and hotdogs. We then picked green beens, tomatoes, Canalope, squash, and 1 watermellon. She has a neighbor who has an over whelming garden and so we were able to pick from her garden and her neighbors. It was great. Then David and I headed to a place in Caldwell that were giving away free onions. I ended up putting David in the baby back pack and filling up two large boxes with onions. some guy was nice enough to carry one of the boxes to the car for me. I decided to go back to the field with the potatoes and get a third box field. By this time David had fallen asleep in the car. I was able to get home un-load all the boxes and get a few things done before David woke up. When Bryan got home he took David with him to the gym while I got dinner ready. By the time 9:30pm came around I was in bed ready to go to sleep. I was tierd. By the way Thanks Emily for all the good fruits and veggeatables you hook me up with. We appreciate you sharing your produce and good information with us.
Self portrate of David and I.

1 comment:
Wow Gina! You are a produce preserving queen! Bryan the shelves look awesome! Want to come build some for us??? Love you guys!
Post a Comment