David's allergic reaction after the bath and Benadyl.
Bryan got on Kyle's skate board. I had to take a picture.
Saturday September 27th, 2008- Bryan, David and I went into Eagle and Boise today. Mandy was kind enough to watch David for a few hours while Bryan and I went and golfed 9 wholes at Eagle Hills Golf course. Bryan was able to try out his new golf clubs and played really well. He improved his game/ handy cap by almost 10 shots with his new clubs. He golfed a 47. I on the other hand had a terrible game and would rather reflect on Bryan's improvement instead of my disaster of a game. Thanks again Amanda for watching David for us. After picking David up from Amanda's we stopped and got lunch at Taco Bell and then went and ate our lunch at Bryan 's parents. We visited for a little while, and then headed home. I was in a grumpy mood when we got home and had to convince my self I wanted to leave again. After taking about an hour to convince my self I went to the Relief Society humanitarian service project at the church around 4:30pm (it started at 3:30)and helped make some dolls for the service project. I then had dinner their and then watched the Relief Society General broadcast. The general presidency spoke along with Elder Ucdorf. I really could feel the spirit after Elder Ucdorff's talk and appreciated his words. He spoke on service. I came home with a whole different attitude and am grateful I ended up going. I also bought some home grown raspberry's from a lady in our stake that I brought home with me. Emily Sherman stopped by after and picked up her 5 gallon bucket. I also ran to Alberson's and picked up some apple boxes they had. I plan on picking some more apples and needed something to put then in. David and Bryan appreciated the raspberry's and the little dessert I bought home for them. I think they appreciated the better attitude and mood I came home with also. Bryan and I also started our fast before going to bed.
Friday September 26th, 2008- Today David and I had a slow start. David fell asleep while I did my once a day nursing. I nurse him in the morning when he wakes up for the day. Well today I guess he woke up to early and was still tired. He fell asleep nursing and did not wake back up until around 9:00am. I fed him breakfast of oatmeal and then we got ready for the day. I spent from about 10:00am until 1:3o pm canning plum jam. Poor Bryan came home at lunch and had to make he and David lunch cause I was occupied with making jam. David was a good little boy while I was doing the jam. I ended up with 6 quarts of jam and 38 pints of plum jam form the 5 gallon bucket Sherman's brought over. After finishing the jam and cleaning up the mess, David and and I mowed the lawn. David only made it half way through the mowing before I took him inside and put him down for a nap. It felt good to get some much done today. I am really grateful David was such a sweet boy. I did had quite a few cupboards to refill and messes to clean up once the day was over but it was worth it. Bryan was kind of in charge of the Elders quorum BBQ we went to tonight. I spent about 1/2hr cutting tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and getting condiments ready for the function. Bryan brought our BBQ over to the church and helped cook the hamburgers and hot dogs. Every one who came brought a side of some kind. It was for the whole family and it was fun to socialize with the other families in the ward. Towards the end of the elders Quorum BBQ Bryan and some of the other men went into the church and helped set up tables and chairs for the Relief Society activity that will be happening tomorrow.
The finished product. 44 jars of plum jam.
David helping me mow the lawn. (NO the mower is not on.) David could actually get the mower to move by pushing it.
The last few people cleaning up after the Elders Quorum BBQ.
Thursday September 25th, 2008- David and I went into Boise today and did some errands. We stopped and picked up all my canning stuff from when we canned grape juice last week. I also dropped off a box of apples for her and her family to enjoy. Amanda was nice enough to fix David and I lunch. After we ate we headed to Dr. George Lewis's office. I stopped to visit some of my old co-workers and just say hi and let them see David. It has been a long time since we visited. After that we stopped and visited my high school friend Heather. Heather had some clothes for David and we also traded a pint of jam. I gave her a thing of plum jam and she gave me a thing of mixed berry jam that I am excited to try. After visiting Heather, I stopped to visit Sara R. who just had a baby girl. I dropped off a baby gift. She was not home but I left the gift at her door. I was bummed she was not home. Oh well, I hope to catch her home next time. After that I headed over to the Wide World of Golf and picked up Bryan's birthday present (His new golf clubs that have an extra 1 inch extension on them and larger grips). I can't wait to have him use them and see if they improve his game. David and I got home around 3:45pm. When Bryan got home around 5:00 pm we headed to the YMCA were we had another hard aerobics work out. When we got back from the gym we had dinner, got David ready for bed, had scriptures and prayer, put David to bed, and then enjoyed some peaches with ice cream as we watched TV and relaxed.
Wednesday September 24th, 2008- After having lunch with Bryan, I met Emily Sherman and her two youngest children, (Rylyn & Adalee) out at the church orchard. I also stopped on my way out to the orchard and picked up a friend for Rylyn to play with. I sure appreciated Emily telling about the apple picking and letting me go out and pick with her. We picked a whole container full of apples for the church and then we were able to take some of the imperfect apples home. Emily went home with a few boxes and I was able to come home with three boxes and one tote full of apples. I was excited to serve and it was also nice to be able to come home with a few boxes of apples. While we were their David enjoyed picking up and eating the apples that had fallen to the ground. I even caught him sticking his finger into a rotten apple and then sticking his finger into his mouth. He thought it was great. He also decided he was cool and could climb the ladder much to my dismay. He would make it up a few steps of the ladder and then Emily or I would take him off and try to distract him. It did not work. He just wanted to climb the ladder. It was nice to be able to have a buddy to pick with and was fun chatting away as we picked. Bryan and I went to the YMCA. Bryan burned over a 1000 calories in about an hour and I burned a little over 700 calories. We worked out pretty hard. Latter on in the evening David Sherman (Emily's husband dropped of a 5 gallon bucket of plums. I am excited. I am going to make some more jam with the plumbs. After I put David to bed I went to Wal-mart and got some sugar, pectin, baby gifts and other odds and in's. Bryan stayed home and relaxed.
Emily picking up David after he fell down.
Tuesday September 23rd, 2008- I spent the day cleaning up from the night before. My visiting teachers came by this afternoon. We had a nice short visit. David was his normal busy self while they were here. He unloaded a few cupboards and got into the bannana plant.

1 comment:
You are amazing!!!! And I thought I was tired from canning. You must be exhausted! That's a pretty strong rack to hold Bryan. Way to go guys!
Post a Comment