Sunday December 14th, 2008- Church went well. I did get released from the YW and now am the Relief Society Secretary. I have know for a week and have tried to get things in order as much as I can for the new YW Secretary that has been called. After church today David and I go naps in while Bryan went to choir. Our home teachers Brother Cowling and his 2nd son came around 4:00. We enjoyed there visit. We also went to the stake Christmas musical night tonight at 6:00 that Bryan sang in with our ward choir. Towards the end of the program David thew up all over me and the gym floor. We made it into the bathroom for most of the mess but went home after we got things cleaned up. When we got home David had a few more throw up episodes. Poor little guy is just not feeling well. I am grateful Bryan was around each time to help me clean up the mess.
Saturday December 13th, 2008- I got up at 6:15 am and went to the Browns for a Youth breakfast. The Browns made a great pancake breakfast, with sausage, eggs, and hot chocolate before all the youth headed to the temple. It was great to be with the youth and be in the temple. I love the spirit there and I was even able to take some family names of a lady I visit teach for the youth to do. I feel blessed to have been able to be in the YW for a year and am now morning the release I will be getting tomorrow in church. I have been call to be the Relief Society Secretary and am being released as the YW secretary. I am excited for the new challenge but am sad to leave the wonderful YW and leaders that I have worked with.
Friday December 12th, 2008- Today Bryan and I were able to go on a fun date to his Christmas party at an event center in Nampa. Bryan's parents were sweet and came into Caldwell to watch David. At the Ripley Doorn Christmas party we had the best steak I have ever had. We had fun eating great food, dancing and drinking Shirley Temples. People expecting new baby in 2009 were announced, any new promotions were announced, gifts were given and a lot of socializing went on. (Bryan is getting a promotion as of January 1st. We are not sure what that means yet but we should find out at least on his 1st pay check in January.) We had a great night together. It was also very nice not to have to worry about David. We got home around 10:30pm. Von and Sheri were watching a movie and gave us the report on David. David love having his Grandpa and Grandma around and had to show them all around the house. He also went to bed really good for them.
This is the picture of Bryan and I before we left for the Riply Doorn party. (I was able to wear part of a new outfits. I also had bought some shinny lip gloss lipstick on Tuesday when Emily watched David for me.) It was great to get all dressed up and spend an evening just with my spouse.
Thursday December 11th, 2008-Today I went and got some great deals at Albertson's with coupons I had. My good friend Emily had gotten me into couponing. I got over a $80 in groceries but saved about $40 in coupons and about $15 in sales. I also got 10 cents of on my tank of gas at Albertsons. I got gas at $1.39 a gallon with the deal Albertsons is running and a tank of gas only cost me $20. 78. It was great.
We had our tree up last Saturday but I decided it needed some ornaments and garland on it. I let David help me put the ornaments on. We only decorated with the plastic or non-breakable ornaments. David loved decorating the tree. If you notice the part of the tree David can reach no long has ornaments or Garland on it. I got tired of picking the ornaments up so we adjusted the tree to same me some work. David Absolutely loves the Christmas tree and insists every morning on turning on the Christmas lights. It is cute to watch.
This picture is of David eating with just a booster seat. He has decided he is to big for his high chair now and will only eat at the table with Dad and Mom. He still makes a huge mess, but at least I do not have to worry about him standing up in his highchair any more.
Wednesday December 10th, 2008-This morning David and I went over to Michele Davis's and help get the YW Christmas presents made. Our presidency is making journals and pens along with the Book of Mormons to give to our YW for Christmas. I spent from 9:30-11:00am at Michele's. I ended leaving before any one else. I had to get David down for a nap before mt Dr.s appointment.
Today I had my 12 week check up at the Dr.s. Bryan was sweet and came with me. We put David in the stroller and gave him a succors. The succor kept him happy for a little while. At the ended of the appointment we realized we had given him 3 succors. Thank goodness for succors or else we would have had a wild boy. During the appointment Dr. Lowder could not find the babies heart beat so he took an ultra sound. We easily found the heart beat with the ultra sound. David, Bryan and I were glad to see the image of the baby and know that every thing is ok at this point. The Placenta is right up against my tummy so it makes it hard to hear the heartbeat with out the ultra sound. I have gained 3 1/2 lbs from my last appointment but I still am 5lbs lighter than I was when I got pregnant with David.
Tuesday December 9th, 2008- Today my sweet friend Emily watched David for a few hours while I went and got some Christmas shopping done. I decided I do not mind shopping if I don't have David. I got so much done. Thanks so much Emily for watching David.
I had YW tonight. The YW/YM were combined and they did Christmas caroling and delivering cookies to 30 families in the ward. Of course the youth split up in groups to get all the goodies delivers. I also left before all the youth were back. I got to help put David to bed tonight.
This evening the Relief Society had an Enrichment night dinner at the church. We had pork, Rice, cabbage salad, a roll and then a candy cane flavored ice cream cake dessert. It was such a nice evening. I came home with my cup full and feeling great. Bryan ended up putting David to bed before I got home.

2 comments:
Glad everything is ok with the baby. Not finding the heartbeat right away can be scary, but at least now you know why.
Cute pics of David! Thanks for the adorable Christmas card and newsletter! It was fun seeing you guys in the fall.
Post a Comment