Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Monday December 8th, 2008-Monday I spent some time working on YW things. When Bryan got home we went to the Gym. We brought separate cars because Bryan wanted to stay at the gym a little long than I did. Right before we left David got into my pampered chef chopper and cut his finger. We put a bandaid on it but blood had seeped through by the time we got to the YMCA. I asked for a new bandaid when we got there and then put David in the child watch. They ended up coming and getting me with in 10 min because David would not leave the bandaid on. David and I ended up heading home and forgot about the work out. We finished dinner instead. I had to tape a bandaid on for David to leave it on. When Bryan got home from the gym we enjoyed a dinner of Fettacini Alfredo and home made bread sticks. (Thanks Heather for the recipe. It is so quick and easy and we love the taste of the bread sticks).

Sunday December 7th, 2008- Church with David was busy like always. It was very nice. Bryan took David during YW. The YW were invited to join the Relief Society today. It was a great meeting. It was all musical lesson. I forget how nice it is to be able to just sit and listen to a lesson instead of chasing David around the halls. I could feel the spirit very strong during the Relief Society musical lesson. I so enjoyed seeing and hearing the sisters and YW share there talents. After church we had tithing settlement. On on the YW (Erin Anderews) was nice enough to come and watch David (who was asleep) while Bryan and I went to tithing settlement. After that we headed into Eagle to visit my parents. They fed us dinner (pancakes, Orange juice, sausage, hash browns eggs, and fresh pineapple) and we really enjoyed spending the evening with them. We watched the 1st Presidency's Christmas Devotional there also. I love being with family and I love knowing that my parents love little David so much.


David helping Grandma eat her pineapple during dinner.












Saturday December 6th, 2008- Today was our ward breakfast and Christmas play. They served keesh to the adults and sugar ceral to the children, along with juice and fresh fruit. It was a good meal. I also was able to call ahead and get some of the YW arranged to serve at the breakfast. The ward party turned our very well. David and I ended up leaving a little early. David really needed a nap. Bryan had to stay around to sing with the ward choir.
We also put our fake Christmas tree up today, along with some decorations. This is the 1st year for the fake tree. I got it after Christmas last year for a great deal. We only fixed some lights on the tree. We have not yet put ornaments on it. Bryan also went and rang the bell at Walgreen's for the Salvation Army. The Kiwanis's club is doing all over the area and so Bryan volunteered to do it for an hour today. After Bryan got home we spent some time watching football. We also headed into Boise. Sheri was nice enough to watch David while Bryan & I met up with the Hobsons for dinner. We went to Chile's. After dinner we picked up David and Headed to the Hobson's house. We put David to bed there and had fun playing cards ( pinochle). It has been forever since we have gotten together with the Hobsons and it was so much fun.



















Friday Decmeber 5th, 2008- David and I went into Boise for the morning. We went to help my sister in Law Amanda out for the day. Amber and her two girls were there also. We had 5 children under the age of 3 and then Eliza who is four. The 4 little ones all needed naps and there were not enough beds to put them all down. David and I ended up leaving around 11:30am because we were causing more problems than helping. I will have to go to help another day. We got home in time to eat lunch with Bryan and enjoy a good half hour with Bryan before he had to go back to work. We love that Bryan is able to come home for lunch. David loves playing, and climbing all over Bryan when he is home. In the evening we headed over to the church for the Christmas play rehearsal. Bryan is in the ward choir and they had to be at the dress rehearsal to know were they were suppose to be to seeing during the play. David was up a little late tonight but love seeing all the children in the play, and loved all the lights and decorations.


















Thursday December 4th, 2008- David and I went with Emily and Addiley to K-mart for there double coupon sale. We saved a lot of money but David was offal. Emily told me she now knows why I do not like to shop.

On Wednesday David did some of his exploring. As you can see he knocked over and broke one of our banana plants. He is obviously knows he is in trouble by the look on his face. We were able to salvage part of the banana plant. I now have it up on an end table.



















Wednesday December 3rd, 2008- Today we had a YW presidency meeting. Brenda our YW presidents birthday is today. I made some Cinnamon rolls and put candles in them. We sang to Brenda and celebrated her birthday at the beginning of our meeting. It is great to feel united as a presidency.




Michele, Brenda, Gina(me), and Ashley (Ashley's little 4 year old Ramie took the picture with all of us in it. I was impressed she got us all in.)















Tuesday December 2nd, 2008- I was grateful for the opportunity to put the Sherman children to bed tonight. Emily and David Sherman are some of the main people helping with our ward party Christmas play. The one of the dress rehearsal was tonight and so I was able to take there children home from the church around 8:30pm and put them to bed. It sounds funny but I love bed time. It is one of my favorite part of a daily routine. I was able to help the children brush there teeth, read scriptures, say prayers and tuck them in. It is so refreshing to see children who have been taught the gospel in there home. It always show in the bedtime routine.

2 comments:

Hokie Family said...

Oh the remorse of the broken plant. Remorse is a great quality.

Angela said...

Great post Gina. I love the shots of David- the one after he's knocked over the plant is priceless! Too funny. This age is definitely busy, but so much fun too! I can't wait until we can get Matthew and David together (all four babies) I imagine they'll do more than their share of mischief together! Love you lots.