Monday May 19th, 2008- David was up every 2-2 ½ hrs last night. He wanted to eat every time. I nursed him at least 4 times last night for about a half hour each time. I guess a growing boy needs his food. We still do not know what is wrong with the truck. We are waiting to hear. We are hoping the repairs on the truck don’t cost us too much. Bryan is at the Boise office again today. David and I are stuck at home again today. We hope to have our second vehicle back again soon. I am in charge of the FHE lesson tonight. We are going to do some weeding in our yard and have a short lesson on working together as a family.
David’s Large appetite : I have to laugh. I think David is going through a growing streak again. For lunch yesterday (Sunday) he had some cereal, and ¾ a container of fruit along with being nursed that was at 2:00pm. We ate dinner at Von and Sheri’s around 4:30pm. -He tried some pieces of cheese
- He ate some cherrieo's
- He ate a bowl of cereal,
- A whole container of vegetables
- A whole container of fruit,
- A second full bowl of cereal and wanted more.
- I also nursed him after that.
Then when we got to my parents he tired strawberry short cake for the fist time.
- He also nursed again.
My conclusion is that he has to be growing.
Sunday May 18
th, 2008- Church went pretty well.
David fell asleep in sacrament meeting with
Bryan pacing the halls. Which allowed him to be pretty go for the rest of the meetings. After church we heated up some left overs for lunch and headed into
Bryan’s parent’s house. Brent and Andrea blessed Taryn at 4:00pm at Von and Sheri’s house. It was nice to be able to be there for the special occasion. It also is Von and Sheri’s birthday. After the blessing we had dinner their. We brought a pasta salad, and Sheri had lunch meet cheese, and all the fixings for deluxe sandwiches along with lot of other salads and chips.
Andrea’s parents and sister came from
Utah and were able to be present for the blessing and dinner. After dinner on our way home we stopped at my parents house and enjoyed a few hours visiting with them. My Mom also made us a great strawberry short cake while we were their. I also think David love being held and snuggled by his Grandma.
Right before we left my sister Janette and her two girls (Kadie & Marry) showed up. It was really nice to see them also.








Cute Baby Taryn fast asleep on her tummy.

These are some of the cute pictures of Taryn and her baby blessing.




Andrea, Taryn, & Brent


Saturday May 17th, 2008- David was awake around 6:30 am. I nursed him and then headed upstairs. I helped Sheri make a waffle and egg breakfast. We let Bryan sleep until breakfast was ready around 8:00am. Brent also took a turn with Taryn and let Andrea get a good night sleep last night.
Brent woke Andrea up for breakfast also. Sheri and Von watched David and Taryn while Brent, Andrea, Bryan and I went golfing. We did 9 holes. It was a very hot day but we had fun anyway. We really appreciated Dad and Mom Sorenson watching David for us.
When we got back from golfing David was fast asleep on Grandpa’s chest. Grandpa also was fast asleep. It was really cute. We left Boise around 3:00pm. We stopped at Winco in Nampa on our way home and did some major grocery shopping. It was great having Bryan at the grocery store with me.
I had David in the baby backpack on my back. Bryan pushed the grocery cart and we had all of our shopping done in about a half hour. Normally it takes a good hour to grocery shop. I told Bryan I would love to have him with me more often. We had one of my friends and her family over for dinner. Jamie (She worked for the periordontis in my building when I worked for Dr. Lewis) Ronny and their daughter Hadley. Hadley is only a week older than David. We had stake, french-fries, Green salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, and soda pop for dinner. Jamie and Ronny brought an apple pie for dessert. We enjoyed having them over.
David and Baby Taryn. They are going to be great friends.



Friday May 16
th, 2008-
Bryan got a call from the Dealership. The repairs on our car were oked yesterday. They have the parts in stock that are needed for the repairs.
They should have our car fixed late this afternoon so they say we should not need a rental car. So again today I am stuck at home.
David and I took a morning walk around the neighborhood and then spent some time weeding in the front yard.
Bryan had the truck towed to a shop to be fixed. It is nice that we have AAA so the towing was free. We should find out late this after noon what is wrong with the truck. David I made a lunch for
Bryan.
We met
Bryan at the park by his work and had lunch with him. It was fun and enjoyable to be able to have lunch with
Bryan. It has been a while since we have been able to do that. It will happen more once
Bryan is done with the Audit his is doing at the
Boise office. We can’t wait. After lunch David and I walked home.
I put David in the baby backpack and mowed the lawn.
A co-worker brought
Bryan home from work.
He was picked up at our house by the car dealership and went and got our car around 5:30pm. It cost us $350 for part of the repairs but the Warranty Company paid the other part of the cost for the repairs. It makes me grateful we got the extended warranty on the car. We had dinner and packed some clothes and then headed into
Boise. We wanted to spend some time with Brent and Andrea while they are around. Von and Brent arrived in
Boise around 9:00pm. Bryan, David and I spent the night at
Bryan’s parents. David was up a lot in the night. The only way I could keep him quiet and happy was by nursing him. I decided to lay down and nurse him. David spent most of the night sleeping with me latched on. It we had been at home he never would have gotten away with that. Oh well you do what you have to do.
Thursday May 15th, 2008- I got a call from Bryan this morning he was at the Boise office. He said the truck was dead and would not start. He left it at the Caldwell office. A co-worker let him use his car so he could get to the Boise office. After work he drove back to the Caldwell office and his boss brought him home. We were suppose to have a rental car but the dealership waited to long to have our repairs ok and now there are no rental cars left. They will not have a car for us to rent until tomorrow afternoon. So we are car-less right now. Bryan will have to ride his bike to work tomorrow. We walked to Walgreen’s this evening pushing David in the stroller. We needed some baby food and some milk for cereal in the morning. I had planned on going grocery shopping today but will not be able to do any big grocery shopping until we have a car.
David has be a little busy this week. We have been at home a lot this and these of some picture of the things he is getting into.
#1- The Garbage can- of course the dirty bag has to go straight to his mouth.



# 2- The Piano



#3- The toy box

# 4- a Note pad. 





Yes he Ate the Note pad. Mom is trying to get the big pieces out of his mouth. David is not very happy about it.

Wednesday May 14th, 2008- I took our car into the car dealership this morning because it has been making some funny sounds. The dealership was nice and was able to take David and I back home. David and I were house bound for the day. Bryan had CPE training in Nampa today. When he got home from work we got some pictures hung, a coat rack hung and a few other honeys does done. We found out that we will be with out our car for up to a week while the dealership gets our warranty companies approval on the $2,000 worth of repairs and get the repairs done. Good thing we have the truck.
Tuesday May 13th, 2008- Bryan worked at the Boise Ripley Doorn office today. He picked his Mom, Andrea, and Taryn up from the Boise airport. Brent, Andrea and Taryn are moving from Indiana to Washington. They will be staying with Bryan’s parents for a few weeks and then with Andreas parents for 6 weeks. Brent has basic training with the Military and Andrea and Taryn will be with out him for 6 weeks while he is in Texas for basic training. Then they will officially move to Washington where Brent will work as a dentist or he military. Brent and Von are driving their cars from Indiana and will make it in to Boise Friday or Saturday. David and I went into Boise and made dinner for Sheri and Andrea after their long extended flight.
David being introduce to cheese


5 comments:
cute pictures Gigi. I'm sorry you were stuck at home without a car. It sounds like you always make the best of everything! I remember mowing with a baby on my back, now they sit on my lap.
Growing children sure can eat ya out of house and home. Makes you worry about what they will be like as teenagers. I can only imagine how much food Brad's family went through with 3 teenage boys, scary. Hey could you ask Brent and Andrea to send me permission to view their blog. My email is jan279@hotmail.com
Thanks. Have a good week.
I have pictures of a couple of my kids asleep on my dad's chest just like David and Von. Those Sorenson grandpa's are the best!
Oh my goodness I cannot believe how big David has gotten since I saw him last! So good to see what you guys have been up to!
Sounds like he is a BIG growing boy!
Post a Comment