Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 20th- 26th, 2008

Monday May 26th, 2008- David was wide eyed and bushy tailed around 6:00am.I tried nursing him in bed again but it was to no avail. I got up with him round 6:45 am and let Bryan sleep. I new he would be driving us home since I was up most the night with David and was pooped. Grandma Sorenson was up when we came up stairs. She said she had slept great and did not here David at all. She was watching the news. David and I watch some news with her, took a shower got dressed and ready, ate breakfast and were cleaning up before Bryan made it upstairs around 8:30am. Bryan asked me if David had only been up three times in the night. My reply was: I wish that was all he was up. I guess I did pretty good keeping David quiet if 3 times is all that Bryan heard him. We left Grandma Sorenson’s house around 10:00am. David slept the first 3 hours of the ride home. I also slept most of that time. We stopped for gas and a Subway lunch in Twin Falls. We ended up arriving home around 4:00pm. David was great on the way home. We decided that rode trips are defiantly harder with children. They are not quiet as bad as we expected. All in all David was a pretty good boy. The big news today is that David finally decided to crawl. I guess we will have to do some more child proofing in our home. I do not think it will be long before he is walking though. He crawls to the wall, couch, & chairs to stand up. Then he walks along what ever he can get on. Before we know it our baby will no longer be our baby, he will be our toddler. David is also standing in his crib now. It makes it a lot hard to put him down for a nap. I have had to rock him to sleep before I put him to bed now. We also have had to drop the crib down a notch so He will not fall out when he stands up in his crib.

























Sunday May 25th, 2008- David was up around 7:00am. Bryan and I got up finished packing up ate breakfast, said our good byes and were headed to Springville around 10:00am. We arrived at My Aunt Lisa’s & Uncle Tony’s around 11:15. My parents were there and had brought (Scott and Amanda’s oldest child) Kyle with them. It was nice to have a little break from David while Grandma and Grandpa held him. My Uncle Dean, Aunt Linda, Daniel, Joseph, Aunt Karen, Uncle Joel (their 3 boys), Grandma Forman, some relatives I was not familiar with and of course Uncle Tony, Aunt Lisa and their 7 children. The farewell was really nice. My cousin Tony did a great job and spoke on meekness. He spoke along with 4 other (graduating senior) youth in his ward. David was really busy during most of sacrament meeting. Bryan was able to walk the halls and put David to sleep for the last 20 min. After sacrament meeting my parents, Kyle & Greg left and drove to Hinckley to visit my Grandma Bishop. Bryan and I stayed at the church for the rest of the meetings. David was very disruptive during relief Society. I ended up being in the hall most of the block. After church we headed back to Tony and Lisa’s house for dinner. We ate turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, yams with marshmallows, gravy, green salad, rolls, broccoli salad and much more. It was a great meal. We even gave David some mash potatoes and yams to try. We left Springville around 6:00pm.










( Here are some highlight pictures from the farewell)

Tony & Daniel
























We arrived at Grandma Sorenson’s house in Salt Lake around 7:30pm. Bryan’s cousins The Sorenson girls (Jessica, Sara, Crystal, and Jenny) were there visiting Grandma. Also the Days (Bryan’s Aunt and Uncle and their youngest daughter) were there. It was great to see them. The Day’s did not stay long. The Sorenson girls enjoyed holding and playing with David. It was great to have them entertaining David for a little while, cause after a rough day at church and not a good nap he defiantly needing to be entertained. After putting David to bed around 8:30pm, Grandma, Bryan, the Sorenson girls and I played a few games of Uno. We had fun. Grandma Sorenson spent some time with us before we went to bed going over some genealogy. His family is related to my sister in law Amanda’s family. Bryan and Amanda are 2nd cousins. We figured out that they were related a few months ago but I did not realize they were so closely related. It was a really rough night for sleep. David was up most of the night. I even tried nursing him in bed with Bryan and I but he still woke up at least 6 times.


David and Grandma Sorenson

Crystal, Jenny & David

David almost escaped from Crystals arms










Bryan, David & Jessica

David & Sarah











Saturday May 24th, 2008- David was up and ready to play at 6:00am. I took him into the family room and let Bryan sleep. Grandma Olsen made a great pancake and Egg breakfast that we ate around 7:30am. Bryan did not come up from sleeping until around 8:30am. Grandma had made enough to eat that even the late comers had plenty to eat. Bryan, David, & I met Eldon, Karen & Austin at the Fayette grave yard were Bryan’s Grandpa Olsen and his brother Blaine were buried. We also did a geo-cash that was located very close to Bryan’s great, great, Grandparents are buried. It was neat to be able to go the graveyard and pay our respects to those that came before us & learn more about Bryan’s family. On our way back from Fayette we stopped and did another geo-cash. Once we got back to Grandma Olsen’s we went for a four wheeler ride. We even took David with us. We had fun driving very slowly around the turkey tracks with David. He fell asleep (on the four wheeler) on the way back from the turkey tracks. Curtis, Karen, Austin and Madison also came with us to the turkey tracks. Later on in the day we had some fun putting David on the trampoline for the first time. He thought it was great trying to bounce. He even had some static electricity going on that caused his hair to stand straight up. We also had fun playing on the trampoline with Austin and Madison. Daddy and David also enjoyed rocking on the Hammock for a little while. Bryan had me take a nap for about an hour and a half while David napped. It felt great and was much needed. All and all today was a great day. We took a shower with David so we would be ready to leave really early to get to Springville for 9:00am church. We found out around 9:45pm that the farewell is not until 1:00pm in Springville. Bryan and I decided to stay up and play Mormon Rook with Grandma, Elaine, Curtis, & Rosalie. We also ate a lot of cookies and snacks while we played. We went to be around 11:00pm. We all slept pretty well. David even slept better.
Mason, Madison, & David playing at Grandma Olsen's

David, Grandma Olsen, & Madison

A picture with Grandma to remember the fun trip









Getting ready for the ride
Davids first 4-wheeler ride.












Mason & Madison finding the geo-cash on the turkey tracks.










Daddy throwing David into the air. David loves it. Look at that grin.





















David's first experience on a trampoline.




















Mommy & David on the trampoline










David has some major static electricity going from the trampoline. Look at that hair










David & Daddy in the Hammock










Friday May 23rd, 2008- We left around 5:00am. We decided if we could get part of the trip done while David slept it would make the trip all that much easier. We stopped and did a few geo-catches around Burly and stopped at Perkins for breakfast. David did great in the car up to this point. We made threw Salt Lake with out much trouble. Around Pleasant Groove We got stuck behind an accident on the freeway. It took us 1 ½ hrs to go 1.5 miles. I ended up taking David out of his car seat in that area because we were at a stand still a lot. I would say that that was probable the hardest part of the trip. All things considered David did Great. We arrived in Mayfield around 4:00pm. To say the least Bryan, David and I were glad to get out of the car and be done driving for a while. Grandma Olsen made a great dinner which we ate around 6:00pm.Bryan’s cousin Curtis, his wife Rosalie, and their three children, Austin Madison & Masson were at Grandmas for the week end along with Bryan’s uncle Eldon and Aunt Karen. Grandma Olsen had a pack-n-play all set up down stairs (in the room we stayed in) for David to sleep in. He slept alright.

Grandma Olsen feeding David ice cream.


Madison making David laugh.






Thursday May 22nd, 2008- I spent the day packing to head out of town. We are headed visit Bryan’s Grandma in Mayfield. Then we are going to Springfield on Sunday morning for my cousin Tony Gervais mission farewell. Then we will stay with Bryan’s other Grandma Sunday night in Salt Lake. This is the first road trip we have been on since David was born. We will see how he does. When Bryan got home we got everything loaded into the car and then had a relaxing evening.

Wednesday May 21st, 2008- I watched Gracee today. David and Gracee had fun playing together. Bryan and I got to go on a great date tonight to Cirque De Soleil. It was at Taco Bell area at 7:30pm. We got Subway on our way to the performance. It was Awesome!!! Brent & Andrea & Scott & Amanda met us there. It was so cool. I would highly recommend it. Mom Stevens watched David for us. We ended picking up David from my parents around 11:00pm. David was fast asleep. Mom did a great job with David and enjoyed the sweet snuggles.

David is starting to be into everything.







Gracee & David playing the piano




















Tuesday May 20th, 2008- We still only have one car. The truck has a lot more wrong with it than we were aware of. They fixed the started and later found out that some other major things were wrong with it. Bryan went into the Caldwell office until 9:00am. They he stopped at home to pick up David and I on his way into the Boise office. He is still working on the audit in Boise. David and I took a shower and were ready to go when Bryan arrived. We Dropped Bryan off at the Boise office and then headed to Amanda’s house. We spent the Day their. We help with some weeding in the yard but were inside most of the day. Amanda is watching Janette’s two children in the morning while Janette teaches until 11:30. Once Janette was done teaching she came to Amanda’s and we enjoyed the afternoon mostly talking and doing a little weeding. It was nice being able to spend the day at Mandy’s. It has been a while since I have done that. Around 4:00pm I left Amanda’s and picked up Bryan from the Boise office. Then we headed to down town Boise to meet with our great financial planner. My brother Scott happens to be our Financial planner and I think he does a good job. We were excited to make some of the changes he suggested. On our way home we stopped and got McDonalds for dinner and also stopped at Von and Sheri’s to visit and watch American Idol. Bryan and I have enjoyed watching American Idol this season.

4 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

Fun Utah trip! I am sure that it was wonderful to see so much family and to have all the fun activities. Sometimes I wish that we lived a tad closer to SL so that we didn't miss as much of the action. With increasing gas prices we miss more and more.

Lisel said...

This is a random question not really connected to this post, but I was wondering what website you use for your freezer meals. I'm trying to start doing something like that and would love to take a look at it. Thanks!

Hokie Family said...

Wow!
David is getting so big. I love that headshot on the trampoline. He is SO cute! Life has calmed down a little. Time to get together again.
Heather

Julie G. said...

Hi Gina, it's Julie (Galloway) Your little boy is adorable! Hope everything is going great for you guys!