Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Monday May 12th, 2008- David and I decided to walk to the library this afternoon. We went and returned the movies we had barrowed. It was a nice day and we enjoyed the walk. David fell asleep in the backpack on the way there. We ended up walking between 4-5 miles. When Bryan got home he went to the gym and worked out while I made dinner. Bryan was in charge of FHE. He gave the lesson on prophets.

Sunday May 11th, 2008- Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers and hope to soon be mothers. It was a good day today. Bryan helped make me a nice waffle, eggs, an orange juice breakfast. I started to make it my self but when he came down stairs he said, “You are not suppose to be doing that,” so he finished making our breakfast. He also changed all but one of David’s diapers today and took charge of making/heating up the meals we had for the day. It was great. I also got an hour nap while David and Daddy played downstairs. It was a wonderful relaxed first official Mothers Day. We did call our Mom’s and wish them a happy Mothers Day along with the Grandma’s that we had phone # for.

We are so great-ful for our wonderful Mothers, Grandmothers, and women we have in our lives. You have taught, love and cared for us so much. We will eternally be great full for all you have done. Thanks for being great examples to us. We love you.

Saturday May 10th, 2008- Bryan was a wake and moving by 6:30am. I got up not long after Bryan. Once Bryan and I were up moving it was not long before Eliza and Thomas were up. I spent the morning getting Eliza and Thomas stuff together and re-packed while they ate some cheerio for breakfast. David got up around 7:30am. I fed him, made some phone calls for YW and then we left for my Mom’s (Grandma Stevens) house in Eagle. We dropped Eliza and Thomas off their. They will be staying with My Mom until Sunday with all of Amanda’s other children accept Gideon (who Scott and Mandy have with them in Hawaii). My Mom took all 6 of the kids with her to a track meet where Kyle, Micah, Daniel, and Isaac, Sam, Josh, & Nathan ran a mile. Bryan and I went and did our mothers day shopping. We also spent some time stopping at a few car dealerships. (One of the salesmen we talked to gave David a blue balloon. He played happily with the balloon for quite a while.) Bryan wants to get a new truck soon. I do not think we will be getting a new vehicle any time soon but I thought if Bryan wanted to look and dream about trucks that is fine. When we got home I did some cleaning, made pizza dough and got ready to have Bryan’s sister and her family over for dinner. They are in town from Idaho Falls looking at houses. They will be moving back to this area the end of June or begging of July. We are really excited to have the Thurber family closer.

Lydia, Evelyn & David playing with the balloon.

Eve, Lydia, and Felicity entertaining David











David sat in his highchair and watched Felicity, Lydia, and Evelyn play out side for about 20min. He was so quiet and content that I forget he was even awake.











David some how got a hold of Bryan's wallet and enjoyed eating the things in it. We caught him before he could make to much of a mess.











Friday May 9th, 2008- Today went ok. Eliza and Tommy have been good. David on the other hand has been really whinny and wants to be held 24/7. I have not gotten anything done. I have spent the day trying to keep David happy. Thank goodness Thomas and Eliza are petty good about self entertaining. We did go out side for a little a while and blow some bubbles. Thomas dumped out the bubbles on the grass and that was the end of blowing bubbles. While I was changing both Thomas’s and David’s Diapers Eliza did tie up some of our window blinds, but it was not anything a few minuets of concentration couldn’t fix. I do have to say that I was very glad when Bryan got home today. I handed David off to him and got dinner ready. After dinner we cleaned up and got every one in swimming suites. We headed to the YMCA and had fun swimming and sliding down the cool slides in the pool. Thomas love going down the slide. No sooner were he and Bryan at the bottom of the slide, he would start his Enh, Enh and point to go down the slide again. I even took David down the slide with me once. We had a lot of fun. Bryan figured out David was running a temperature over a 100 degrees. I thought he was being grumpy cause he is getting 3 new teeth. I guess it was more than that. We gave him some Tylenol. kids a quick bath.We gave the I took David and got him ready while Bryan took care of Eliza and Thomas. Bryan brushed their teeth got them in their jimmies, read scriptures, prayed and read the kids some stories. I just fed and snuggled David. I am so grateful Bryan is so helpful. I was feeling bad that I had not been more aware of the fever David had had. That is why he was so high maintenance today. Again I am Soooo grateful for a sweet, helpful, loving, husband. Thanks Bryan for all your help. It also was Tami’s birthday
today. We called and sang to her. Once the kids were in bed around 8:00pm Bryan and I sat down and relaxed. I read my book and Bryan played a game on his x-box. We were in bed asleep by 10:00 pm.

Bryan & Eliza coming down the slide.

Bryan(30) and Eliza(4)










Bryan & Thomas coming down the slide

Bryan(30) Thomas (2)










We had a lot of fun at the YMCA swimming. We took this picture right before we left.
Thomas (2) Bryan (30) David ( 9m) Gin a (28) Eliza (4)







Thursday May 8th, 2008- Today David, Eliza and Tommy slept until around 7:40am. They all slept really well last night and David was the only on who woke up at all in the night. He woke up once. I nursed him and he went right back to bed. We had cheerios for breakfast. I gave all three kids a bath in my big bathtub. Then we got ready and went to 10:30am story time at the public library. When we got their, we found out story time had been canceled for this month and would start back up next month. We picked out some fun kids videos and headed home. We had fun in the back yard playing, and kicking some balls while David took a nap. Once David woke up we had a pillow fight, read stories and watched a few videos. Eliza and Tommy were so sweet with David, they loved making faces and trying to make David laugh. When Br

yan got home from work we had Macaroni & cheese and pigs in a blanket for dinner. Then we headed to a different park over by the YMCA. Before we left we had Eliza use the bathroom. When we got to the park we figured out that it had a few inches of water in th

e play area. We loaded the children back up and went to a different park. We went to a park at the JR high school. We had been there for about 10 min when low and behold Eliza had to go to the bathroom again. I took Eliza to find a bathroom while Bryan stayed at the park and played with Tommy and David. There was a port a potty on the other side of the park and across some soccer fields. We hurried to the port a potty to find out that it had a lock on it. I search for an area where I could take Eliza and there was not even a tree in sight. I ended up crossing the street and asking

Papa Murphy’s if Eliza could use their Employee bathroom. They were really nice and let her. Again thank goodness for nice people. You would think that after yesterday with the potty excursion Bryan and I would have learn. I guess not. Next time we will ma

ke sure we are closer to a public bathroom.


When we got back from the park Bryan helped me get the kids in their jimmies, brush there teeth, read scriptures, have prayer, and then Bryan read them stories. I am so grateful for a helpful husband.




Eliza, Thomas, David in the bathtub. I put the bubbles in ( that Mandy sent for the kids) after I got David out. Eliza and Thomas enjoyed the bubbles.












Eliza trying to make David happy.
Thomas fell asleep sitting up.











Thomas found Bryan's sweat, stinky knee brace. This is what he did with it. He thought he was so funny. I did take it off him after I took the picture.











Eliza and Thomas love looking through story books and having then read to them. I was down reading them story's but decided I needed to take a picture.










Eliza's favorite book was the ones that had princesses in them.










Thomas loved the car book that has wheels on it.












Wednesday May 7th, 2008- Today David and I got up around 7:00am. We ate, took a shower and got ready for the day. We drove into Boise for Cole Cahoon’s

4th birthday and to pick up Eliza (4), and Thomas (2) up. My brother Scott and his wife Amanda are in Hawaii (Scott won a trip to Hawaii through his work). They left Saturday. We sisters and family are taking turns watching some of their children


while they are gone. We picked up Eliza and Thomas from Tami’s house and enjoyed playing at the park with Cole for his birthday.

I helped Tami with a few things in her house to help her get it ready for a showing. (Their house is up for sale and they will be moving to Washington in June).


We left Boise around 12:30pm and went straight to my YW presidency meeting at the church. For part of the meeting we painting 30 frames for the YW combined activity that is going on tonight. Eliza, Tommy& David were really good during the meeting. David started getting tired around 2:00 so we left and went home before all the frames were done being painted. David took a good evening nap and I enjoyed playing some games and reading stories with Eliza and Tommy. We one of the ravioli Lasagnas for dinner. Bryan got home around 5:00pm. We went for a fun walk to the park. Eliza wanted to walk instead of ride in the stroller. She did pretty well walking but got tired around the end of the walk. Both Eliza and Thomas had fun playing at the park. Eliza had to go potty while we were at the park so we knocked on some stranger’s door. It ended up being some nice older ladies house and she was more than happy to let Eliza use her bathroom. Thank goodness for nice people.

When we got back from the park we got the kids in their jimmies, brushed teeth, had scriptures and prayer and put them to bed. Bryan even read the kids a story while I nursed and put David to bed.






Tuesday May 6th, 2008- David and I spent the day at home. We did some chores and some laundry. I got a call from Michele Davis asking if we could move our YW presidency meeting to tomorrow instead of next week. I got things printed off and ready meeting and made phone calls to make sure it would work for every one. I also got the 5 pans of ravioli Lasagna made for my freezer meal group exchange that will happen on Thursday evening. I started a book called “He sees you when you are sleeping.” It is an easy book to read and I am enjoying it.

2 comments:

Amanda Stevens said...

Thanks to Gina and Bryan for watching my kiddies for a few days. They look like they had a blast. Gina you did great considering we tripled your children size. Who knew bathrooms could be so trivial. At least I didn't have you potty training Tommy. Thank you again for your love and hard work.
love Amanda

Hokie Family said...

Hey Gina-
A very happy mother's day to you! you're awesome!
Heather