David has been pretty busy climbing the stairs. I have caught him on may occasions half way up or at the top before I realized what he was up to. It makes me nervous to have him able to climb stairs. He has not figured out how to climb down yet.
Sunday June 29th, 2008- Church went well. I made home made Cinnamon rolls for Bryan's Sunday school class. Bryan had said that anyone in his class who had a personal scripture study every day for 1 month would get a Cinnamon roll and today was the pay out day. Almost every one in his class got one. My parents had invited us to dinner in Eagle but we were not able to make it. I had visiting teaching appointment and Bryan had home teaching to do. We hope to be able to see my parent soon though. We were bummed to miss the dinner.
Saturday June 28th, 2008- Bryan ended up sleeping in until 9:00 am so the early temple trip did not happen. Mom Sorenson made us a very nice waffle breakfast and watched David while Bryan and I went to the temple. We got to the temple around 10:30am and found out that the temple was very busy we could not get in for 1 1/2 for inititories or endowments. We were glad we made it to the temple but with David still nursing and would need nursed around 12:00 we did not stay. We were glad we at least got into the temple and could sit and fill the spirit for 15min - 1/2hr before we left. The Temple will be close until July 28th so next time we go to the temple we will make sure we are more aware so that we can do a session. On our way home from the temple Bryan and I stopped at Shopko and got David a new car seat (with the money my Aunt Fay and Uncle Paul gave us while we were in Reno) . It is for an infant 20-40lbs. He has just about grown out of his old one. I insisted Bryan put the new car seat in for our ride back to Caldwell. David has a little harder time sleeping in his new car seat so we will stick to the old one until David is 1yrs old. We got home just in time for Bryan to help me make some Spaghetti and get to the church for the YW girls camp fundraiser. They did a dinner and silent auction. There was not a very good turn out and I am sure we will do a few things different with the fundraiser we do next year. Bryan and I also have spent some time looking on Craig's list for a new vehicle to replace the truck. The truck is still running but we think it is going to die any time. We are looking to buy a Chevy Tahoe or a Yukon.
David(10 1/2 M) in his new car seat
I took David on a walk Saturday while Sheri was cutting Bryan's hair. We bought a coolaide from the little girl across the street. David seems to like coolaide.
Friday June27th, 2008- Bryan's office has started closing at 12:00 of Fridays for the summer. It is just on a trial basis this year. If it works well then Ripley Doorn may do it again next year. It has great for our family. We have been able to leave for trips earlier and just enjoy Bryan more on Fridays. This Friday after Bryan got off work we went in to Boise. Bryan's mom watched David while we went to Eagle Hills Golf course and golfed 9 holes. We did not golf very well , but it was nice to get away together any way. We got back from golfing around 4:15pm. Bryan, David, and I went to Texas Road House for dinner with a gift card Bryan's parents had given us last Christmas. We decided to stray the night at Bryan's parents so we could be to an early session at the temple.
The begining of this week was un-eventful.

No comments:
Post a Comment