Wednesday, July 9, 2008





Monday July 7th- David was a terrible sleeper last night. I think I got at the most 3-4 hours of sleep. Bryan kicked David and I out of the room so he could get some sleep. To say the least it was a rough night. Sheri was sweet and took David around 7:00am and sent me back to be with Bryan. We slept until 9:00am. We left Grandma Sorenson's after a very nice keesh breakfast. David was a great little boy on the ride home. He slept quiet a bit and was happy most of the time. Sheri had brought a book on tape that we finished on the way home. It helped pass the time by and Bryan, Sheri and I really enjoyed listening to it. When we got back to Boise (Sheri) made us dinner. David enjoyed being out of the car and like seeing Grandpa Von. Sheri gave David a gape and he spit the outside pill out. It ended up on his chin. It was quite funny.














We left Sheri and Von's and stopped to look at a Yukon that was for sale on Craigs list. It drove well but is over priced. It is not the car for us. We also stopped in Eagle on our way home to see my parents. It was nice to sit and talk with them. They are getting ready to put there house up for sale. They gave us a tore of the new things they have done to there house to get it ready. It looks great! We got home around 8:00pm. We had scriptures and prayer with David and put him to bed. We sat down a relaxed and are very glad to be home thought the trip was fun.

(this is a picture that was taken during the Sunday firerside in the large cabin)

Sunday July 6th, 2008- David did not sleep well again last night. He was up most of the night. he woke up shrieking and I could not console him. Bryan ended up taking him out of the cabin and into the truck. David fell asleep in Bryan's arms not long after he left the cabin. David was such a good boy during the day today though. We got up around 6:45am. Elden & Karen were in charge of breakfast. They made french toast, eggs, and fruit. It was a great meal. We had a little fireside up at the cabin for our Sunday meeting. Some of the children gave talks and Tod also gave a great talk about raising children. I felt the spirit really strong. Bryan drove the truck down from the cabin with Sheri and David. They said David slept the whole way down. I rode a 4- wheeler down with Madison on with me. (She is Bryan's cousin's little girl.) When I got back I took a shower and was ready about the time the trucks arrived at Grandma Olsen's house from the cabin. We had lunch and then head to Salt Lake. We stopped and visited Andrea and Taryn at Andrea's parents. It was great to see them. Baby Taryn has gotten so big. Andrea and Taryn had gotten back earlier in the day from visiting Brent in Texas. He has 3 weeks left of basic training and then all of them will head to Washington. After visiting with Andrea and Taryn we went to Grandma Sorenson's. We spent the night their. Grandma made us a great dinner.


Taryn & Gina
David & Andrea


Bryan, David, Sheri, & Taryn










Before we left the cabin a family picture was taken. Eldon, Todd, Elease, Karen, Grandma Olsen, Brayn, Gina, David, Sheri, Michele, Jason, Rachel, Carley, Kyle, Eric, Janae, Elaine, Ellie(?), Elden, James, Maddison, & Kyle.











Saturday July 5th, 2008- We had a rough night with David last night. He just does not sleep well when he is any were but home. Thank goodness we are in the small cabin with only Grandma Olsen. Today was a really fun day though. Roger and Elaine were in charge of the pancake, Bacon, and fruit breakfast. They also were in charge of lunch. Elden and Karen were in charge of dinner. All the meals were good. A group of us spent the morning hiking Moosanea(?) It felt great to get the exercise. Bryan and Sheri stayed and watched David along with most of the older adults. Bryan took most of the little kids on a small hike with walkee talkee's. Elden, Karen & Elaine set up a scavenger hunt for the little kids with the wakee talkees while we were hiking mooseaneea. I think Bryan also helped with the savager hunt. Bryan, David and I went on a four wheeler ride down to the flats. We also kept up the tradition on sitting on the horse tree's. Sheri said she and her brothers and sister use to fight over who got to sit on the horse tree. It would entertain them for hours. We also stayed up late playing some fun games with the adults once the children were in bed.



Bryan, David & I on the four wheeler. We tied David on me with my flannel just for some extra support. David Loved the ride.


Sheri on the horse tree
Gina on the horse tree













Bryan having some good old fun on the horse tree.
ride on cowboy













David and I on the hose tree.



Look at that smile.











Aunt Elaine holding and playing with David.

















While we were up at the cabin we use the back of Von's truck as David's personal play area. It was wonderful. Instead of David eating dirt and being totally dirty he was clean and enjoying his own toys.











This is the picture of Bryan and David after returning from there walk/short hike with all the young children. I was a little slow getting the picture so all the kids were gone except David & Austin.










We rode the 4-wheelers up as close as we could to Moosaneea. This was were we began our hike
Tod, Kyle, Jason, Michele, Gina(Me), Eric, Janey, And Uncle Roger took the picture.





Roger is in this smaller picture and I am taking the picture.














On our hike up we spotted a buck (Deer) . If you click on this picture it will in large and you will be able to see the Buck between the trees.

On top of Mooseaneea Eric, Janey and I.












I found a geo cash while on top of Mooseanea.










Though the hike is fairley tough the view is well worth the hike.




















On the way down from Mooseanea some of the guys decided to ski down the snow patch.





















We all posed at the bottom of the snow patch.




















































I took a picture with David right before I left for the Moosanea hike. I had planned on hiking Moosanea with David on my back but Bryan decided to stay behind. It would have been a really tough hike if David had been on my back. I sure am glad he was not.


























David's personal play pen.
Grandma Sheri and David




















David and Daddy
David loved to chuck his toys out of the back of the truck.


















It became a game. David would huck the toy and some one would pick it up and give it back to him, So he would huck the toy again.


















Daddy and David in the little cabin bed after a long night and a morning that came to soon.


















































Uncle Elden rode a little distance with David. David loved it. They would go back wards and then come forward. David was so cute.

































Friday July 4th, 2008- David slept well last night. He only woke up twice. We got up around 7:00am ate cereal and eggs and then headed up to the cabin. The cabin is great. (A little back-ground on the cabin. The smaller cabin was built by Bryan's great Grandpa in the early 1900's. Later his great great grandpa and his brothers an children built the bigger cabbin. The smaller cabin has two double and three single beds. two of the signgle beds are attached to the celling. In the larger cabin there is 4 queen sized beds, and 8 single beds attached to the celling. It has a sink running cold water, a stove, couburds and some tables. The cabins were built on forest service land with a life time lease. It was Bryan's great Grandpa's and his brothers hunting cabin. When the last person who help build the cabin died the forest service threatened to ripe down the cabins. Bryan's Grandma Raylue agreed with the town of Mayfield to take care of and maintaine the cabins. The forest service agread and now every 4th of July we go up to the cabins to clean and fix things on them. Other times of the year the cabins are rented out throught the town of Mayfield. ) I ended up riding up 1 of the 8 four-wheelers that were taken up to the cabin. Bryan, Sheri, and David rode up in the truck. The ride in the truck is a slow very bummpy ride.




This a picture of the line of fourwheeleres getting gassed up before the ride up to the cabin. We also had a group of people who took the 8 four-wheelers on a 4 hr ride. Sheri was sweet and watched David while Bryan and went on the 4 hr ride. The fist two hours I got to ride my own for wheeler. I even rode the four wheeler through a beever pond. It was a very fun ride. After about two hours 3 out of the eight fourwheelers headed back to the cabin. I ended up climbing on the back of Bryan's fourwheeler and we went on some more difficult terrain. We even did 4 geocashes while we were gone. It was so so so fun. I love the mountains and the thrill of the ride. Thanks Mom for being so willing to watched David and let me go with the guys. I had a blast!





















Thursday July 3rd,- We left Salt Lake from Grandma Sorenson's after breakfast. David slept allright last night. He only woke up twice. We took our time driving to Mayfield. We stopped at a small resturaunt in Manti for Lunch. We got to Grandma Olsens around 1:00pm. We enjoyed a great dinner and some fun card games during the evening. We were going to drive into Gunisson for the towns fireworks but decided playing games was better spent time. We got one on the 6 bedrooms at Grandma's house. We slept down stairs in the bedroom with the two double beds pushed together. We like that room because there is a good amount of space.




We had dinner out on Grandma Olsen's lawn. David seemed to really like Uncle Elden.











































Daddy and David
David eating a leaf in Grandma's yard











Daddy and David fast asleep at Grandma Sorenson




















Wednesday July 2nd, 2008- Bryan got off work around 5:00 I had all our bags packed and ready to go when he walked in the door. We stopped at McDonalds on our way into Boise. We got David some chicken nuggets which he ate very well. He would bite of a little piece of chicken and swollow it and then bite off a small piece of french frie and swallow it. He ended up eating 1 1/2 chicken mcnugets and 4or 5 french fries. We stopped in Boise and picked up Sheri and loaded up things into Von's truck. Von is not comming with us because he would have to be home Satureday for meetings but he let us take his truck, which we appreciated very much. We ended up feeding some cereal and veggies to David at Von and Sheri's and left Boise around 6:30pm. We stopped and did some geo-cashes on our way. I finished the Anne of Green Gables book I was reading and then listened to the book on tape that Sheri had barrowed a from the library. It was an 8hr book on tape. It was very entertaining and helped time go by fast. We stopped for dinner in Burley. Sheri was sweet and bought us dinner. We arrived at Grandma Sorenson's around 12:45 she was still up watching a show. I fed David and put him to bed. Bryan was great and put up David's pack and play while I fed him.



David eating his chicken Mcnugget and french fries on the way into Boise.



































Tuesday July 1st David and I went to the parks and rec and sign up for a mommy and me swimm class. I am very excited about it. I also took the car into get some thing fixed on it again. The check engin light came on our last trip. I also have spent the week tring to catch up from our trip.






David eating esparagus and chicken which he loved
























No comments: