the activity during FHE.
Sunday September 21st, 2008- David got a nap before we left for church. He did OK in sacrament meeting but was not good at all during Sunday school. Bryan took David into primary with him the last block while I taught the Beehives in YW. I taught them about dating. The lesson went better than I thought it would. After church Bryan and I got our temple recommends renewed with the bishop and one of his councilors. The YW were headed into Boise for a fireside with the general YW presidency. Since they did not need me to drive I decided to stay home and enjoy my family. I got a short nap in. I was able to watch David while Bryan went to choir. I also spent some time preparing the FHE lesson for tomorrow. We had (a freezer meal) Taco soup for dinner. It was a very nice evening and I was glad I was able to stay home and enjoy Bryan and David.
Saturday September 20th, 2008- Von and Sheri showed up at our house around 8:00am It was poring rain. We had rain and lightning all morning from 6:00am on. We got dressed fed David and headed towards Lake Lowell to do some geo-cashing. It stopped raining mid morning and we were able to enjoy the geo-cashing. We ended up in Homedale for lunch at a Smokey Mountain Pizza for lunch. Sheri was nice and bought us all lunch. We geo-cashed on the way back home. We arrived home right after 1:30pm. The BSU vs Oregon game had just started. Von and Sheri stayed for a short while and watched the game a little but mostly watched David play and get into things. They left before half time. David took a nap and we enjoyed a the evening. The rain storm ended up back in our area mid after noon. We enjoyed watching the lightning and listening to the thunder. I told Bryan I felt like a child and wanted to go jump around in the rain puddles. I did not do it but I enjoyed watching the storm. I did get a call from one our beehive advisor. She was sick and asked if I would teach her lesson tomorrow in church for her. I spent the rest of the evening preparing. I was glad to help even though it makes me a little nervous to teach.
Friday September 19th, 2008- I spent the day cleaning. I tried to get caught up on the chores I have been neglecting. I got bathrooms cleaned, the downstairs vacuumed the kitchen floor swept and mopped and things cleaned up from canning. It feels good to have a some what clean house again. When Bryan got home from work around 5:00pm I told him I had decided what we are getting him for his birthday. (Bryan is really hard to get things for. He has to be there most of the time if I get anything for him because of his size.) We went into Boise to the Wide World of Golf. I decide we are finally going to get him the extended golf clubs that fit him right. We order the clubs and they will have 1 inch length extensions and upgraded large grips for him. I am excited that they will be here for his birthday. I really think he will enjoy them and they will help his game. Right now his golf clubs are standard size and limit his ability. We will hopefully be on the golf course for his birthday with his new clubs. After ordering his new golf clubs we picked up dinner at some Mexican restaurant brought it to Bryan's parents and enjoyed some time with them. We got home around 9:00pm. David fell asleep in the car again. He is such a good boy and has just gone back to bed with out any problems when we transferred him from his car seat to his bed.
Thursday September 18th, 2008- Happy Birthday Grandma Forman. Today my Grandma Forman went in for a hip replacement. Things went well with the surgery. Now we just hope for a swift and smooth recovery. We hope you recover quickly Grandma. David and I went into Eagle again today. We were at Amanda's by 9:30am. We were a little more relaxed about starting the grapes to get the juice. We put David and Gideon down for naps around 10:15 and then started juicing. We were not real productive like we were yesterday. I think we only ended up with 7 quarts of juice that were complete when I left. We got a little distracted planning a surprise birthday trip for Bryan. We were trying to get details worked out for Bryan and I to go to the BSU vs Oregon football game in Oregon. It was going to cost us around $1,000 for flights, rental car, hotel and the game tickets, and food. Amanda and I spent a few hours getting things arranged. Before I finalized the plans I called Bryan and ended up telling him what I was doing. He call a stop to it. He said he would prefer to spend the money on something else and just watch the game from home. So all in all I guess I am a cool wife for trying to plan a surprise trip but will not put forth the effort in the future. Thanks Amanda for helping me try to plan the trip. Sorry to take up your valuable time. It was fun to try and plan it any way. Around 4:00pm Amanda her three youngest children, David and I headed to Eagle Middle School to watch Kyle run his third cross country race. He did very well and finished his mile and a half in 14 min and 36seconds. He improved his time by a lot from his last race. Way to go Kyle. David and I arrive home 20min after Bryan. I got work out clothes on and we headed to the YMCA. Bryan and I worked out for a little over and hour on the elliptical and treadmill. I made a quick easy dinner by pulling out a garlic chicken pasta stir fry and putting it in the microwave. It is nice to have easy meals on days like these.
Wednesday September 17th, 2008- David and I got up got ready for the day and headed to Eagle to can some more peaches. We arrived at Amanda's around 9:30am. We got to work and spent the day canning. I had to leave around 3:00pm for fill the temple day for my ward. I went to the 4:oopm session. My Mom was sweet and helped Amanda can while I was gone. She also watched David for me. After attending the 4:oopm session at the temple I went and broke my fast and ate in the temple cafeteria. We had a family fast for my Grandma Forman who is going in for a hip replacement tomorrow. When I got back from the temple around 6:30pm, Mandy was cleaning up the canning mess. My had David, Gideon and Thomas on a walk around the neighborhood. We ended up having 179 jars of peaches from the two days of canning. Amanda and I also went out and picked a whole tote of grapes from their grape vine to do grape juice with tomorrow. David and I ended up getting home around 9:00pm. David fell asleep on the way home. Bryan did not get home until around 9:30pm. His firm had asked him to go and represent Ripley Doorn at the Boise State Career days. He was there all evening. It was so cute when he got home, he asked if he could wake David up, and told me he missed spending the evening playing with David. I also brought a bucket of grape home and put then on my dehydrator.
Tuesday September 16th, 2008- Amanda, Eliza, Thomas and Gideon came over to my house for the 1st half of the day to start canning the peaches we picked last week. Amanda and her three youngest got here around 9:30am and we got to work. Mandy had to leave around 11:30am to take Eliza to pre-school. We got a great jump start on the peaches. I spent the rest of the day canning. When Bryan came home for lunch I left David with him and ran to the store to get some more canning seal lids. When I got back from the store David was fed and Bryan was taking peaches out of the water bath. I canned until I ran out of jars. I ended up with 57 quarts of peaches. I did loose 3 quarts cause I dropped two and the third broke in the water bath. When Bryan got home from work I was pretty much done canning for the day. We went to the gym for an hour and then came home and ate dinner. I was a little bummed. The three totes of peaches that we had gotten, ripened faster than the 7 boxes of peaches we got. Most of the peaches in the totes went bad. It was a big bummer. I salvage what I could from the totes. I ende up doing 12 pints of peach jam and froze 3 large baggies full of sliced peaches. The Conley Family stopped in to visit. There little boy Jax and David played well together. They had fun playing with the fire truck and pushing it around.
Monday September 15th, 2008- David has learned some new things this week. Besides his normal busy activity he has decided that picking tomatoes and peppers out of our garden and taking large bites out of them is great. He does not like to eat the whole vegeatable, he perfers to take one or two bits and then pick a noew one to take a few more bites out of. I am just amazed at the new things he is learning.
David is 13 1/2 months -(in the last month in a half)
-He has learned to help Mom clean up the mess after he makes it .
-He is quiet efficient at going down the stairs by himself now.
-He loves to un-load the pot cupboard, along with the tupper wear cupboard, paper good cupboard, Moms hear clip drawer and any drawer or cupboard or garbage can he can get in to.
-He loves to climb on and off his fire truck and push the shape buttons to make the truck sing or talk.
-He loves to be outside and will point and stand at the window or glass door until we go out side.
- He still gets all excited when Daddy comes home.
-He loves pulling the lids off my chapsticks and pens.
-He is so fun to watch as he learns and discovers.
We just love and adore our little boy.

1 comment:
Wow that is an impressive amount of canned peaches. I only did half a bushel and I am tuckered out.
Post a Comment