Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 5th-18th, 2008- building Shelves, Birthdays, climbing & canning

I know I have been slacking on the last two weeks of journals and blogging. Here I go to try and catch up.

Tuesday November 18th, 2008- David took two great naps today. When Bryan got home from work we went to the gym, did some cardio and lifted arms. I went straight from the gym to a YW presidency meeting. Bryan put David to bed before I got home. I hate missing the bed time scriptures and pray with the family. Oh well. Our presidency meeting went well and we got a lot accomplished. We had Young Women in Excellence tomorrow that we finished getting hand out done for. I think it is going to be great.

Monday November 17th, 2008- David and I were able to go into Boise/ Eagle today. We spent some time at my parents and David enjoyed playing with the cousins and loved snuggling with Grandma. My mom is watching Scott and Amanda's 7 children. Scott and Amanda flew to Virgina for a MARATHON. Scott ran a 1/2 marathon and my sister in laws Amanda and Angela ran the whole marathon on Saturday. They are amazing. Any way David and I spent some time at my parents and enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa. We also spent some time at Amanda's getting few things done. We went to Mc-Donalds for lunch and David had fun climbing in the play area. Poor Scott and Amanda were suppose to be home Sunday evening but the airlines made a mistake and they are still not home.

Saturday November 15th, 2008- It was a busy day!
Here are the shelves we finished today. I am excited to get things organized in the garage and up on the new shelves. We will probably do that next Saturday.
Here are the shelf that we completed a few weeks ago.
David also has discovered that he loves to climb on everything. He has figured out how to move the kitchen chairs to climb up on the table and play around. It scares me. I know one day he is just going to fall right off the table. Does any one have any ideas how to stop a 1 year old from climbing on dangerous things??

Our little David loved the Chocolate Oreo birthday cake that Emily made for her husbands birthday.








We had a potluck birthday party for David Sherman at our house. The Sherman Family, and the Jensen Family came. We watched the BSU game, sang Happy 37th birthday to David, ate great food and enjoyed talking. The kids also played pretty well up-stairs and out side during the game. BSU won against U of I by quite a bit. Go Broncos!!!










Saturday Bryan and I also made some more shelves in the garage. We actually got all the materials Friday night and got one little shelf done after David was in bed for the night. We spent most of the day Saturday and are very proud of the end results.












David loved being in the garage to help make the shelves when ever he could. We did most of the cutting building while David was taking his morning nap. (can I say I am so glad David is taking a morning nap again)












Saturday morning it was funny. Bryan put David in some of his(Bryan's) long sox. David looked hilarious! Here are a few pictures of it.




























Thursday November 13th, 2008- I was able to watch Gracee Simar for my friend Jamie. Gracee and David had fun playing out side. They ran up and down the trailer and had so much fun. Both of them loved being outside.














































Wednesday November 12th, 2008- I heard a thump, thump thump coming from my pantry. When I opened the door this is what I found. 21 jars of apple sauce had fallen off the shelf. Luckily only 3 jars broke. To bad the carpet was a pain to clean the apple sauce out of.










Monday November 10th, 2008- Emily Sherman came to my house and canned. We did apple pie filling. We ended up with 14 quarts and 8 pints of apple pie filling.












Our children were really good while we did the apple pie filling.


Addaley, Rylund, and David.


Sunday November 9th, 2008- Today is my niece Lora's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday Lora.

Saturday November 8th, 2008- Wal-Mart had a great big one day sale with a limited # of sale items. Bryan made the official decision. We got Christmas early this year. If it was up to just me we would have returned both purchase. I definitely had buyers remorse. Bryan got a new 46" TV for half the price it regularly costs. I got a laptop (that Bryan insists that I need for blogging) for 1/2 the price it normally is. We still spent way more than we had planned on even for Christmas. I guess there is no harm in enjoying them now that they are opened and being used.



















Friday November 7th, 2008- Sheri had the day off of school today. She was sweet enough to watch David while I went to my 1st Dr. appointment. As you already know because of my post, I am expecting #2. We are so excited. David and Sheri spent some time outside picking the last of the raspberries and weeding a little. David loves to be outside!



















Wednesday November 5th, 2008- David being cute putting a bucket on and off of his head. He thought he was hilarious!















2 comments:

Lauri said...

Hi Gina, I can't believe you're still canning! Way to go! That is such a bummer about your applesacue tragedy in the pantry! I'm so jealous of your laptop ;) And I think it's great that David has such a sense of humor - I love it when kids amuse themselves!

Anonymous said...

No good ideas about how to stop the climber. Jax does it ALL the time, yes he has fallen and yes the crying does stop! He now knows that he backs off the table onto a chair. he is getting pretty good. He even has pushed a chair up to the counter to get whatever is up there. Thank goodness it is still a pretty long reach!