Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Old folks home Easter Egg Hunt/peanut candy scare

Saturday April 11th, 2009- Today David and I spent the morning packing to leave for Reno. We are headed to Reno with my Brother Scott his wife Amanda and there 7 children. My Grandam Forman is leaving on a mission to Salt Lake City to work in the Family History Center. She is speaking in here ward tomorrow. We ended up being packed and ready to go by 9:00am. We decided since we will not be picked up until after 2:00pm that we would go to a few garage sales. We were able to get a few nice things for David and a few for the our baby girl who will be arriving some time in June. After that we were received an e-mail from a friend in the ward letting us know that our local Old Folks home was putting on an Easter Egg hunt at 11:00pm and want as children from our ward to come and participate. We gladly loaded up David's Easter basket and headed there to have fun Easter Egg hunting. David did much better this time with collecting the eggs. Most of the eggs had been taped closed so he did not have the temptation of the candy until I helped him open an egg. Here are some cute picture of David hunting Easter Eggs at the old Folks home.

David was pretty eager to get start. I had to make him put eggs back twice before they started.


























David and Me after the Easter Egg hunt was over




















David eating the lute in the car on the way home.


As most of you know David is allergic to Peanuts. We had a little bit of a scare after the Easter egg hunt. I am petty good about going through the candy and taking out all the things that have peanuts in them. I did this before I gave David his Easter Basket back. Well in one of the eggs there was a peanut brittle candy that I took out and threw away in our car garbage. When we got home David insisted on playing in the car like he always does so I took his basket with the candy in with me. Next thing I know David is coming from the car in the garage handing me the half chewed on peanut brittle. I just about panicked. Apparently the car garbage is not a safe place to put peanut candy. David had gotten the candy out of the garbage taken a bite of the candy through the wrapper. He did not like it cause he had spit it out. It was all over his face and he was holding the candy calling Momma as he handed me the candy he is very allergic to. Good thing his is only allergic to peanuts if he ingests it. It did got a small rash on his face but it went away very quickly. Thank goodness. Next time I am going to have to be more careful about discarding the peanut candies.

No comments: