Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Time spent with Brent, Andrea and Taryn on our Washington Vacation

Friday April 17th, 2009- We arrived at Brent, Andrea's and Taryn's around 3:00pm. Brent got home from work not long after that. David was sure shy at first. He had fallen a sleep on the way and was still trying to wake up. We enjoyed talking with Brent and Andrea. Brent and Andrea ordered pizza for dinner. Bryan and Brent went and picked it up along with two red box movies. Andrea made a great salad to go with the pizza. We ate dinner and then put David and Taryn down for the night. We enjoyed watching one of the movies " Vantage point."









David at Brent and Andrea's




Saturday April 18th, 2009- Bryan and Brent got up Saturday morning and went for a run. they took David with them. Bryan said David cried on the way back. He thinks it was a little to cold for him. Andrea and Brent made us waffles for breakfast. I love all the great food family made for us for meals.

David, Bryan & Brent headed out for a run.
















Andrea made ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch and then we headed to North west Trek (it was kind of like a zoo). It was about an hour away from DuPont. We all squished in our Tahoe. I rode in the back. I layed down and took a nap. We took a 45 min tore (on a bus) of the area and say some animals. David was good on the tore for about 10min. I guess he is still a little young for tores. We also walked around the park for a little while seeing other animals that were not shown on the tore. We say Buffalo, elk, dear, mountain goat, black bears, grizzly bears and a few other animals. On our way back we got stuck in traffic about two exits before DuPont. We were glad we were not headed to Seattle with all that traffic.

David and Bryan




Gina and David.



David, Bryan, Andrea, Brent and Taryn



We took a picture of the traffic as we exited in DuPont. This picture does not do the traffic justice. It was bumper to bumper. Once we got to Brent and Andreas, we unloaded the vehicle. Andrea took Taryn inside to feed her and Brent, Bryan, David and I went on to the army base were Brent works. We went to the consignment store to get some of the vegetables for dinner. Brent also drove us past the dental office were he works. When we got back I realized I had not changed David's diaper since before lunch. His pants were all wet and his diaper was leaking. I felt like such a bad Mom. Oh well. We stripped him down and gave him a bath.
Saturday night Andrea made a shrimp pasta meal. It had mushrooms, yellow squash, zukini and Shrimp in it. It was also mixed with a red sauce. It was really good. We had a green salad with it. Bryan and Brent went to go get gas in our Tahoe so we would not have to buy anything on Sunday. They returned with milk shakes for us. I have been craving milk shakes this last week. I have started to get bad heart burn and the milk shakes seam to help. While Brent and Bryan were gone Andrea and I watched some home buying show and what you should not wear show. When the guys got home we changed the show choice for them.
Sunday April 19th, 2009- David was up at 6:30 am. I got up and with him to keep him quiet and entertained so he would not wake the rest of the house up. We played down stairs, in the car and outside, then we took a shower. Most everyone was up once we got out of the shower. Brent and Andrea made eggs with ham, toast and Orange juice for breakfast. Boy do we feel spoiled with all the great meals. Taryn and David took a morning nap. David normally never takes a morning nap but he was grumpy from getting to bed to late and not having good naps. We woke him up to leave for church. Church was at 11:00am. We made it about 5min early and got a side bench. Both David and Taryn did pretty well during sacrament meeting. I took David to nursery and just stay with him in there until church was over. Andrea plays the piano in primary and Brent substitute taught in priesthood so Bryan tended Taryn during the last block of the meetings. After church we drove by the Pugent Sound and got a picture. Washington is sure green and beautiful. The weather has been in the 70's the whole time we have been here. It has been wonderful.
David, Bryan, Gina, Brent, Taryn, and Andrea in front of the Pugent sound.
We fed David and Taryn a snack and put then down for naps again. Both children took good naps. We had an really good lunch/dinner. Adrea had put a roast, carrots and potatoes on before church so when we got home we ate while the children slept. It was really nice to eat in peace as adults. We also had Green salad and a fruit salad with the meal. After the meal Andrea was sweet and stayed with the napping children while Bryan, Brent and I went and did a few geocashes. David woke up not long after we got back and Taryn had just woken up when we got home. We fed the children dinner and then pack our SUV and left for Kalama. Thanks Brent and Andrea for being great hosts. We really enjoyed visiting!!!

1 comment:

BrentAndreaSorenson said...

We had so much fun with you guys. I'm glad you made it home safely. I took a few of the pictures of us together, I hope that was okay. I need to be better about taking my camera out with us more.