Monday, January 26, 2009

Tues Jan 13th through Sunday Jan 18th, 2009

Tuesday January 13th, 2009-Bryan left the Tahoe with me today. David and cleaned the interior and then got it washed. It looks much better clean. During David's nap I spent a good hour or more cutting out coupons. My friend Emily has shown me how much you can save doing this. It's kind of addicting once you go to the store and see how much you really do save.

Thursday January 15th, 2009- David and I went into Eagle today. We went to visit one of my best friends from high school: Heather Hochholter. She got home from adopting her 3rd little boy. His name is Clark. He is such a cute baby. While we were there David was a little out of sorts and mainly just sat on my lap. It was his nap time. After visiting Heather, we went and visited my sister in law Amanda for a little while. She was making Home made Chicken noodle soup for dinner. I was going to help but David insisted being held and rocked. Mandy insisted I sit down and snuggle him. He fell asleep in my arms while I watched Mandy make us and her family dinner. David has not fallen asleep in my arms since he was a baby. I knew some thing was wrong. He started running a fever. Poor little guy. Mandy sent us home with a huge pot of chicken Noodle soup for dinner. Thanks Amanda for dinner. It was great and we ate it 4 or 5 times before it was gone.

Friday January 16th, 2009- David ran a high fever all night last night. We kept him on Tylenol and IB-Profen which helped a little. It was a rough night. This morning his fever is down. I only gave him Tylenol once today. Both of us are a little stir crazy. It is hard to be stuck at home with a whinny sick child. I bundled both of us up and we went on a short walk. It is amazing what a little exercise can do for an attitude adjustment for me. After a short walk I was able to be happy and just enjoy holding and snuggling a needy little boy. David had a sore appear on his tongue today. I am not sure what it is. Now I know why David has not been eating very well the last few days.

Saturday January 17th, 2009- It is tax season so Bryan was at work all day today. David is still whinny and needy. The sore on his tongue has really effected his eating. Poor little boy. I also have noticed a few blisters on his fingers. I am a little concerned about him. I called the Pediatrician and they said if he is still whinny and not eating well to bring him in on Monday. David is still into things he is not suppose to be. Today he has decided that my laptop is really cool and he is going to find a way to play with it weather Mom objects or not.


David playing with my laptop.

















David crying when I took the laptop away and put it out of his reach.













David got the remote control again. He has a tendency to loose it. That does not make Daddy very happy.












David loves to climb up on the table and push the chairs around to get into things he is not suppose to.










Saturday when Bryan got home from work around 5:30pm, I headed to Albertsons to do some coupon shopping along with the Albertsons special weekly add. Not only did I have a ton of coupons but I also had a coupon for 10% off my entire purchase. It was just what I needed. I was able to leave for 1 1/2 of alone time. I got some great deals. I spent $79.30.


My receipt.



This is all the stuff I got.
4-Oranges
1-pack of 24 string cheeses
2 tomatoes
1 bag 16 oz tortilla chips
2 packs 24 count sugar cookies
2 packages 8 ct flour tortillas
4 Pillsbury pie crusts
2 bags mixed veggies 12 oz
2 loafs of bread 10 boxes of mac and cheese
2 stove top stuffing's
2 lady speed stick deodorants
1 men's speed stick deodorant
1 a-1 steak sauce
1 Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 Quakers instant oatmeal packs
2 Quakers oats
4 boxes of granola bars
8 boxes of cereal
4 spaghetti sauces
5 cream of chicken soups
5 cream of mushroom soups
5 tomato soups
5 chicken noodle soups
10 puddings
1 vegetable oil
At the check out stand the manager had to come three times to over-ride the cash register because it kept say to many coupons. I saved over $149. I also got a coupon for a free gallon of milk up to $4.
I went and got the 1 gallon of milk and they gave me $1.33 back in cash for buying it. It was great. They paid me for buying a gallon of milk.

Sunday January 18th, 2009- Today church was OK. After Sacrament meeting I had our bishop look at David's hands. More blisters had developed on his other hand. Our bishop is a doctor at the local hospital. He said that David had contracted the herpes virus about two weeks ago and now he is having a break out. He advised to keep David away from direct contact with other children for the Herpes to run its course. It takes 7-10 days. Poor LITTLE David. I feel so bad for him. I took David home after Sacrament meeting and put him down for a nap. Bryan taught his primary class and then came home so I could go back for Relief Society and do my calling. We had my parents over for dinner. We had turkey, stuffing, Mash potatoes, jello and my Mom made home made wheat rolls. David was having a rough night but Grandma and Grandpa got him to play and smile for a little while after dinner.


Grandma of course got David to smile and play. He loves Grandma's loves and snuggles.



Grandpa got two pens that he stuck between his ears and moth and nose. David would pull then out and then try to stick them behind his ears. This is how Grandpa got David to smile for him for the first time tonight.























Grandpa giving David a shoulder ride















Grandpa gave David a ride on his fire truck. While going around a corner David slid off. After that David would not get back on his fire truck would give grandpa the stink eye and scowls.








1 comment:

Angela said...

Poor David, when I first started reading about him getting blisters, I wondered if it was the cold sore virus. I feel bad for him too! I felt bad for myself when I started breaking out with coldsores at age 19. It's sad when it affects a baby. Hopefully it'll run it's course soon & you'll have happy David back. :) (I take medication now, I wonder if there is anything they can do for babies...) Hope you're feeling well & surviving tax season!